Dundee United v Greenock Morton 27/01/2018

Utd to their chagrin have discovered that all the MSM favourites like Laszlo ,Houston ,Hughes ,and others in the media club have had their day.
If other clubs gave younger manangers a chance ,you never know you might come up with another Jack Ross.
No doubt the way things are going with Ross he won’t stay at Saints for more than another 2  seasons at most.
I would hope our board,when the time comes ,would veer away from from the oldies as mentioned ,and I think Goodwin may be a good shout. 

Houston was initially Leveins assistant, won us the Scottish cup and guided us to several top six finishes.
Two of our last 4 managers have been the epitome of two young managers being given a chance.
We never appointed Hughes.
To my knowledge Lazlo and Mixu have never been known as Scottish media darlings.
Other than that I'll assume whatever point you were trying to make was sound and reasonable.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Well, we reacted with disappointment, anger, embarrassment.

Apathy is really dangerous for a football club.

True.  Personally I can’t be botherered enough to be apathetic.

9 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Well, we reacted with disappointment, anger, embarrassment.

Apathy is really dangerous for a football club.

Given how many times it’s happened, and how many years in a row we’ve finished above you, I’d have thought acceptance might have kicked in by now.

Archived