Eurodisney

Newbornbairn

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Excellent. Travel agent reckoned I needed to get a train into Gare du Nord then another train out to Disney.

Probably worth booking and mentioning the wheelchair. SNCF are supposed to be good with ramps and reserved spaces though.

I don't remember the SNCF trains that went to Disney from Gare du Nord being very wheelchair friendly, NBB.  There's a small, flat area as you enter the train, but I believe the vast majority (if not all) of the trains which head to Marne La Vallee are double decker trains, so you're required to either go upstairs or downstairs from the train entrance to sit.  

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

I don't remember the SNCF trains that went to Disney from Gare du Nord being very wheelchair friendly, NBB.  There's a small, flat area as you enter the train, but I believe the vast majority (if not all) of the trains which head to Marne La Vallee are double decker trains, so you're required to either go upstairs or downstairs from the train entrance to sit.  

The TGV's are supposed to be better.

On 09/02/2018 at 12:15, Adam said:

Direct from CdG to Marne La Vallee?  That's definitely the best idea if possible. 

It is. Went with work (conference at Disneyland was bizarre) and the TGV took about 10 mins and from memory it wasn’t a double decker so should be better for wheelchair accessibility.

• 3 weeks later...

I was there last weekend.

On the trains you can get a Tgv direct, we just missed one (would have made it if hadn't picked up the wrong bag!) when we arrived at Cdg and the next wasn't for a couple of hours. Got the RER instead. Only cost about €20 but took about an hour an a half.

Got the Tgv on the way home €80 for 9 mins travel for 2 adults and 2 kids...

The tgv, the one we were on at least was a double decker, but I am sure there will be accessible carriages.

Disney itself - I just had the feeling of being trapped and getting fleeced at every single opportunity. Everything is expensive and set up to get money out of you - it gets on your tits.

Even last weekend when it was freezing the queues were horrendous. 70 minutes to get a picture taken with a princess, 80 minutes pretty standard for any of the kids rides. Didn't try the adult stuff as my youngest is too wee. Waited 45 minutes to get served a shitey hotdog in one of the 'fast food' restaurants.

The illuminations are impressive but as previously mentioned all the good spots are taken well in advance. Didn't look into the fast passes, might be worth doing if you can stomach giving them even more money!

I think I would have gone mad with a week of it.

... Enjoy yourself though.

• 3 months later...
On 03/06/2018 at 00:59, G_Man1985 said:

Right this is my next holiday.

A month away so I presume I need to start booking up stuff to do while there .

Suggestions welcome

Benidorm and Disneyland. Living the dream.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Haha. Benidorm with 5 guys and Disneyland with parents n wife n kids. Yay.

Both none of my choices.

October looking at Gran Canaria or Crete ( yes big differences but both good options i have right now)

I liked Las Palmas in Gran Canaria, proper Spanish city. Never been to Crete but the Greek Islands I've been to have been brilliant. Basically, you can't go wrong. If the place you book is a bit shit then just sleep there and take a bus or boat somewhere else during the day.

Edited by welshbairn

18 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Crete’s ok but there’s better Greek  islands out there imo.

Only reason for Crete was I know someone with a villa out there so a sort of cheaper option.

Fair do. 

Ill be looking for an update on Eurodisney. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here at the moment and managedthree rides so far, spent more time queuing in a day and a half than I have in my whole life. An hour queue for lunch today, twenty minutes at a small world followed by thirty minutes queuing for a drink. Got breakfast with the characters tomorrow morning which should be fun.