Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

lubo_blaha

B’Jesus, the boys fae Brora are at it again. At least 500 fans to Killie, over 250 at Methil yesterday. Should be a cracking game. Have a wee sneaky that the village side can turn Killie over. Deffo on Sky as been told so will add to away day. Onward to win the Highland League now. It’s written in the northern lights. Looking forward to it.

IMG_1963.jpg

No

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Back Beach said:

Deffo on Sky as been told so will add to away day. 

"Deffo" not. The three live games more or less pick themselves (when in the mindset of the people who make these decisions) and this one isn't even close to being considered.

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 hours ago, The Master said:

"Deffo" not. The three live games more or less pick themselves (when in the mindset of the people who make these decisions) and this one isn't even close to being considered.

If the game had been in Brora, the maybe.

No way Sky will send cameras to the soulless empty shithole that is Rugby Park to watch Killie scrape a 1-0 win against non-league opposition.

If Rangers get through. It will be interesting to see when our game is played if a tv pick. Ayr races is scheduled for the Sunday, so no chance of that. Saturday lunchtime isn’t that big an option with games already scheduled which leaves Saturday 5.30pm or a Friday/Monday evening. 

However, we do have the major possibility of Fraserburgh v Rangers not getting played prior to the 10th. Rescheduled game isn’t until 31st and if it’s postponed then, then we have an issue.

16 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

If Rangers get through. It will be interesting to see when our game is played if a tv pick. Ayr races is scheduled for the Sunday, so no chance of that. Saturday lunchtime isn’t that big an option with games already scheduled which leaves Saturday 5.30pm or a Friday/Monday evening. 

However, we do have the major possibility of Fraserburgh v Rangers not getting played prior to the 10th. Rescheduled game isn’t until 31st and if it’s postponed then, then we have an issue.

That's a good point about re Sky's schedule. Had it been a Premier League game then there's no issue, but it's a Championship game which ties up the Football channel. I'm not sure they'll want to put what will likely be their first pick on Mix.  Would clashing with Ayr races really be that big a problem?

If Fraserburgh v (The) Rangers is postponed again, they try again on Monday 5th or Tuesday 6th (with any potential replay being Wednesday 7th).

The game will almost certainly be picked for TV on the assumption it will indeed be (The) Rangers, and I would imagine Ayr will make match day preparations based on the same assumption (being the "worst case" scenario for policing, stewarding etc. - not out of disrespect to Fraserburgh), which should allow it to go ahead as scheduled on the weekend of the 10th, assuming Fraserburgh v (The) Rangers is settled no later than the 7th. 

1 minute ago, The Master said:

That's a good point about re Sky's schedule. Had it been a Premier League game then there's no issue, but it's a Championship game which ties up the Football channel. I'm not sure they'll want to put what will likely be their first pick on Mix.  Would clashing with Ayr races really be that big a problem?

If Fraserburgh v (The) Rangers is postponed again, they try again on Monday 5th or Tuesday 6th (with any potential replay being Wednesday 7th).

The game will almost certainly be picked for TV on the assumption it will indeed be (The) Rangers, and I would imagine Ayr will make match day preparations based on the same assumption (being the "worst case" scenario for policing, stewarding etc. - not out of disrespect to Fraserburgh), which should allow it to go ahead as scheduled on the weekend of the 10th. 

Ayr races use Craigie Park for horse owners trailers/boxes/vans etc and with horses going back and forth with thousands of football fans coming in and out in buses into Craigie Park which is used for home and away fans parking I just can’t see both being allowed to happen. That’s more a police issue than anything else.

Pretty sure the 2-2 derby game back in 2010(?) was played whilst Ayr races were on.

18 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Wouldn't put past them to play the Ayr-Rangers game on the Thursday on sky.

Like they did with the Killie-Ayr replay a while back.

Replays are already midweek so a Thursday isn't such a huge deviation.

I seriously doubt the SFA would agree to a game being moved from the weekend to a Thursday just for TV.  

The Monday night is free (it would be up against Chelsea v West Brom but they don't care about Scottish football clashing with the English PL). 

18 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Pretty sure the 2-2 derby game back in 2010(?) was played whilst Ayr races were on.

Possibly an early race day that day then? I just remember the place being in darkness come 3.30pm that day with the weather etc. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, The Master said:

I seriously doubt the SFA would agree to a game being moved from the weekend to a Thursday just for TV.  

The SFA would allow the game to be played at 03.00 on a Monday morning if they thought they could get another 20p out of Sky.

There seems to be some of bizarre perception here that it's the SFA and not the TV companies who actually run the game in Scotland. Weird.

5 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Possibly an early race day that day then? I just remember the place being in darkness come 3.30pm that day with the weather etc. 

I know that my dad, who was at the races, said all you could hear was the noise from Somerset.

I don't actually think it got dark that early, think it just looks gloomy in the ground as they always put the floodlights on early.  

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

I know that my dad, who was at the races, said all you could hear was the noise from Somerset.

I don't actually think it got dark that early, think it just looks gloomy in the ground as they always put the floodlights on early.  

There.

Archived