Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

lubo_blaha

Hearts away, if we progress, clearly not the tie you'd pick but wouldn't be so bad if we weren't there on league business the weekend before. More than anything else, that's what I always want to avoid with cup draws. Rovers will be delighted with their potential reward.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Given Uniteds perennial diddy status the big crowd and split of gate receipts will be a boost in their efforts to stay afloat.

A big day out for the the fans, the town of Dundee will be empty that day. Hopefully the players all get time off from their day jobs to make the game, its not everyday they get to play a side like Aberdeen.

Given Uniteds perennial diddy status the big crowd and split of gate receipts will be a boost in their efforts to stay afloat.
It's the big draw they were all hoping for. Whole (half the) town will be out, displays in shop windows, schools given the day off and kids painting banners for the big day. What a stroke of luck for the lower league triers.

"Och I don't know if they'll win but I'm sure they'll give a good account of themselves." Said a Dundee person.

Celtic v Partick Thistle, Aberdeen v Utd and Ayr Utd v Fraserburgh/Sevco as TV ties IMO. 

I would imagine they’ll need to be picked before the Fraserburgh game is played, but Sky won’t be able to see past a Sevco win there so will just assume it’s them that’s through. 

2 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Quick reminder, if any "pundit" or "co-commentator" uses the expression 'new firm' you can run up to them, kick them in the balls and say "you are a fucking waste of space and I claim my £25 Domino's Voucher"

Agreed. United- who have won the Cup twice in the last quarter of a century- dwarf the diddy Dons. "New Firm" gives the rivalry a sense of parity.

Just now, williemillersmoustache said:

It's the big draw they were all hoping for. Whole (half the) town will be out, displays in shop windows, schools given the day off and kids painting banners for the big day. What a stroke of luck for the lower league triers.

"Och I* don't know if they'll win but I'm** sure they'll give a good account of themselves." Said a Dundee person.

*Eh

**Eh’m

Just now, The Master said:

Celtic v Partick Thistle, Aberdeen v Utd and Ayr Utd v Fraserburgh/Sevco as TV ties IMO. 

I would imagine they’ll need to be picked before the Fraserburgh game is played, but Sky won’t be able to see past a Sevco win there so will just assume it’s them that’s through. 

Assuming that the BBC have 2nd pick this time around then the Celtic game will be their choice with Sky hoovering up the games at Pittodrie and Somerset Park.

"Och I don't know if they'll win but I'm sure they'll give a good account of themselves." Said a Dundee person.

I just hope we’re professional about it. It can be easy to switch off against these part time teams.

We have to remember it’s essentially their cup final and they’ll be up for it.

6 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Agreed. United- who have won the Cup twice in the last quarter of a century- dwarf the diddy Dons. "New Firm" gives the rivalry a sense of parity.

Imagine having gone 28 years without winning the Scottish Cup. Must be shite.

Re-run of the City of Culture bid with a laughable Aberdeen effort knocked out of the competition early by the slick Dundee team, who’ll progress to the final before losing to Hull City (this is where the analogy falls apart to be honest).

Re-run of the City of Culture bid with a laughable Aberdeen effort knocked out of the competition early by the slick Dundee team, who’ll progress to the final before losing to Hull City (this is where the analogy falls apart to be honest).

The city of culture award might as well be renamed the ‘this shithole seriously needs some investment’ award.

Archived