Hartley’s newbies v Sneckie

Guest Back Post Misses
I knew you lot would crack eventually. Just like your team in the 87th minute of the 2014/15 Scottish Cup Final.

I think you need to look in the mirror and burst your plukes

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

Should be a decent game.

After seeing off the last two hoof ball merchants in the last two games at least ICT will come and play football.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We nearly got a result in that cup final with a truly brutal team. Our team of the next season wouldve won nae bother but as usual with us we have excellent teams at the wrong time and shit teams when we have a decent chance of winning something. ICT were pretty dire and just showed how poor the standard of the top flight was then with hibs, hearts and sevco in our league.  I reckon a draw on Sat as ICT have been probably the best side I've seen us play this season.

Austin and Baird are two of the worst finishers we'e had in recent years especially when it' s a sitter.

Wasn't too much wrong the team I don't think. Only really weak link was David Smith and Loy as he wasn't fully fit. The bench was pretty dismal though.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We nearly got a result in that cup final with a truly brutal team. Our team of the next season wouldve won nae bother but as usual with us we have excellent teams at the wrong time and shit teams when we have a decent chance of winning something. ICT were pretty dire and just showed how poor the standard of the top flight was then with hibs, hearts and sevco in our league.  I reckon a draw on Sat as ICT have been probably the best side I've seen us play this season.

Austin and Baird are two of the worst finishers we'e had in recent years especially when it' s a sitter.

Have to admit most of us were shiting it for the last half hour BUT ICT had to play that game with a completely different back four from the one which had got us top 3 and into Europe. If Tremarco hadn’t committed hari-kari we would have picked Falkirk off in the last 20 mins on the break and won 3-0. Up till the sending off Falkirk had created nowt.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Wasn't too much wrong the team I don't think. Only really weak link was David Smith and Loy as he wasn't fully fit. The bench was pretty dismal though.

We were brutal that season and two of our better players were cup tied. The fact we ended up 5th in the league and didn't beat a poor ICT side down to ten men backed that up.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We were brutal that season and two of our better players were cup tied. The fact we ended up 5th in the league and didn't beat a poor ICT side down to ten men backed that up.

Mmm...the team the following season had Muirhead at RB and Kerr and Baird in for Smith and Loy. Duffie wasn't the best RB that I've seen but better than Muirhead IMO and I'd have taken Loy over Baird for the following season too.

I know we had a poor season league wise however it should have been better with the players that were available which was the point that I was trying to make, i.e. I don't think the players that played in the final were bad but had under performed as a team.

I'm still kind of amazed we won the cup final.

One thing that links that game to our current season is the brilliant assist for the opener from Aaron Doran, he then missed basically the next two seasons with injury.  He seems to be back to full fitness and was very influential against Dundee, scoring the first and creating a lot of our chances. 

Hopefully Polworth is back - he was ill for the Dundee game and Trafford didn't perform that well before coming off with a nasty head knock.

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'd rather finish 7th in League One than deservedly lose a cup final against 10 men tbh.

Supporting the pars has really given you high expectations. Keep that chin up son!

42 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'd rather finish 7th in League One than deservedly lose a cup final against 10 men tbh.

Yep a full time team finishing 7th in the third tier of Scottish football is an achievement...

Surely thats the lowest position a full time team has finished in Scottish football ever

Finishing below Brechin, Peterhead, Forfar and Stranraer......wow

5 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Why are the Grangemouth lego eaters raging about Baird and Austin? They’re barely even starting games for us, and we’re above them in the league so I’m not sure what point they’re trying to get across.

Hopefully we sneak a 1-0 late winner, Austin or Baird as a super-sub preferrably to send Gav into meltdown.

Who's raging?

Archived