Hartley’s newbies v Sneckie

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

29343D4800000578-0-image-a-47_1433004875

Go on then, tell us what your problem with Falkirk is? You seem to want to stuff your cup win down our throats at every opportunity.

You remind me a bit of an ICT fan that I met at the station after the final whose face was tripping him; went over to congratulate him on your victory and all he wanted to do was moan about the length of his journey home.  :lol: 

Very likely to be the biggest event in your history ever but you'd rather be angry about it!

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Is Fash likely to start this game? Not sure I am ready for that.

Grant will fuk him up if he does come on, infact our usual back 3 will do him and that hamstring will go

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Go on then, tell us what your problem with Falkirk is? You seem to want to stuff your cup win down our throats at every opportunity.

You remind me a bit of an ICT fan that I met at the station after the final whose face was tripping him; went over to congratulate him on your victory and all he wanted to do was moan about the length of his journey home.  :lol: 

Very likely to be the biggest event in your history ever but you'd rather be angry about it!

Aye, most Inverness buses we passed also looked like theyd been on a trip to the library and not witnessed their team etching their name on the Scottish cup for the first time.

If Falkirk had won that day, I couldve walked to Inverness !!!

20 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Aye, most Inverness buses we passed also looked like theyd been on a trip to the library and not witnessed their team etching their name on the Scottish cup for the first time.

If Falkirk had won that day, I couldve walked to Inverness !!!

About half our support that day was composed of people who'd probably never been to an ICT game before and couldn't name any of the team. It was apparently the same at both finals County have played. It's always going to happen when you've got small town teams with comparatively little history competing in a final. The win was never going to mean as much to them as it would to supporters who have followed the team through the divisions and around the country. There were probably a fair few of the same sort in the Falkirk support too, although I imagine you have a much bigger dormant support than us. It didn't really bother me and I'm happier that they were there than if they hadn't been, although it's a colossal pain in the arse when you get them in the row behind you gurning at you to sit down when the team is threatening, as we had at the semi that year.

Anyway, going back to the game, I should probably be feeling more confident that I do given our recent form, the last result between the teams and how well we played at Falkirk in October, but I do think there are some weaknesses in the team, particularly a lack of pace through the middle and the absence of a clinical finisher up front. Although he's scored a few recently and works hard and makes a nuisance of himself, the ball doesn't stick all that well to Oakley when it comes to his feet when he's got his back to goal, and we're lacking decent delivery from the wings. Trafford , Chalmers and Vigurs can look ponderous if playing together, and it would be good to see Polworth and Mulraney come back into the team to introduce a bit more dynamism going forward. On the other hand, Hartley's teams in the past have tended to play quite patient, passing sort of football against us in the past rather than a pressing game, and that has tended to suit players like Vigurs, who had time on the ball and excelled in the last game at Falkirk. Also, in Aaron Doran we now have attacking creativity that we were badly lacking earlier in the season, Connor Bell continues to impress, and at the back, Coll Donaldson is the young Baresi and Gary Warren looked almost back to his old self playing alongside him yesterday. So aye, f**k it, I've talked myself into being confident. 2-1 ICT.            

Outside of St Mirren this is probably the toughest opposition we could be facing at the moment. I'd take a point. 

Agree this should be a tough one but if we come out of the traps the same way we did against QoS and Dundee U at TFS, I would fancy us to win this narrowly.
The real question though is will we? Hard to know what performance to expect from the team at the moment...

9 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

About half our support that day was composed of people who'd probably never been to an ICT game before and couldn't name any of the team. It was apparently the same at both finals County have played. It's always going to happen when you've got small town teams with comparatively little history competing in a final. The win was never going to mean as much to them as it would to supporters who have followed the team through the divisions and around the country. There were probably a fair few of the same sort in the Falkirk support too, although I imagine you have a much bigger dormant support than us. It didn't really bother me and I'm happier that they were there than if they hadn't been, although it's a colossal pain in the arse when you get them in the row behind you gurning at you to sit down when the team is threatening, as we had at the semi that year.

Anyway, going back to the game, I should probably be feeling more confident that I do given our recent form, the last result between the teams and how well we played at Falkirk in October, but I do think there are some weaknesses in the team, particularly a lack of pace through the middle and the absence of a clinical finisher up front. Although he's scored a few recently and works hard and makes a nuisance of himself, the ball doesn't stick all that well to Oakley when it comes to his feet when he's got his back to goal, and we're lacking decent delivery from the wings. Trafford , Chalmers and Vigurs can look ponderous if playing together, and it would be good to see Polworth and Mulraney come back into the team to introduce a bit more dynamism going forward. On the other hand, Hartley's teams in the past have tended to play quite patient, passing sort of football against us in the past rather than a pressing game, and that has tended to suit players like Vigurs, who had time on the ball and excelled in the last game at Falkirk. Also, in Aaron Doran we now have attacking creativity that we were badly lacking earlier in the season, Connor Bell continues to impress, and at the back, Coll Donaldson is the young Baresi and Gary Warren looked almost back to his old self playing alongside him yesterday. So aye, f**k it, I've talked myself into being confident. 2-1 ICT.            

Fair enough. Most teams outside of the gruesome twosome will have a fair number of such fans. The guy I spoke to though was there with his daughter (I think) and it was a near deserted wee subway station; he didn't strike me as someone who was just there for the day and, anyway, you'd think that he could have at least cracked a smile.

I've watched us in three SC finals, all of which we've lost, however the 2015 one didn't upset me too much as I was happy to see a wee team like ICT get it, especially having knocked out ra Sellick in such controversial circumstances in the semi! 2009 however was a bit different as we outplayed the defunct Govanites and lost to a complete fluke of a goal.

7 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

topsixnextyear - NAP.

3 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Walked about after that final and about an hour after full time ended up on a train packed with ICT fans. Could’ve heard a pin drop, was absolutely tragic hahahaha.

The hold of the Highland Reserve shall never weaken.

Looking forward to this one, Caley have been the better side in 3 of the 4 matches we've played against each other this season. The last game in particular they ripped us to bits and Robertson really seems to have turned them around.

We've improved a lot recently too and hopefully the away game at Caley was just a blip for our new look team.

Should be a good contest, same team as last night (hoping Taiwo is fine or we'll get pumped)

We nearly got a result in that cup final with a truly brutal team. Our team of the next season wouldve won nae bother but as usual with us we have excellent teams at the wrong time and shit teams when we have a decent chance of winning something. ICT were pretty dire and just showed how poor the standard of the top flight was then with hibs, hearts and sevco in our league.  I reckon a draw on Sat as ICT have been probably the best side I've seen us play this season.

Austin and Baird are two of the worst finishers we'e had in recent years especially when it' s a sitter.

Archived