Queens Park vs Ayr United

wuffster, all joking aside, you either need to go to Specsavers or get your computer fixed mate.......anyone else having the same problem as I deliberately numbered them rather than bulleting them and they are certainly showing as numbers on my screen?

There’s no numbers on here but I’m using the mobile version

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then genuinely I think that's the problem. If you get the chance, have a look on a PC and I'll wait for wuffster's apology before I congratulate him on the quality of his highlights!

Numbers on PC version. 

How we were 2 up at half time I don't know.  In that first half we were as poor as I've seen us this season.  Nice move for the first goal and that was about our lot.  Not much improvement in the second half until Moffat came on.  Then we started to create a bit and look as if we might actually score again.  And, of course, McGuffie's two brilliant strikes put a nice gloss on it at the end.  Wish he would do that more often.  Good win, but harsh on Queens.  

As Raith fans have been saying all season, grinding out wins when playing poorly is the sign of champions. All we need to do now is win all our remaining games and the league is won. Easy, peasy.  If only. 

Wish we could play all our games away from home. We've won 6-1 at Annan, 6-2 at Banks O'Dee,  5-0 at Forfar, 5-1 at Stranraer, 5-1 at Albion Rovers, 5-1 at East Stirling, 4-1 at Arbroath, 4-1 at East Fife and now 4-1 at Queens. Didn't see the Annan, East Stirling or Banks O'Dee games, but in all the rest we haven't actually played the opposition off the park, as the scores might suggest.   They've mainly been quite even games. In post match discussions, opposition fans have often claimed they were somehow unlucky to get hammered  and we were a bit jammy in scoring so many.  Doubt we could be "lucky" in all 9 of these games.  What it boiled down to was superior finishing prowsess.   Unfortunately we seem unable to reproduce this clinical finishing  to the same extent at Somerset.  

7 hours ago, The Spider said:

As for the game itself, Ayr were worthy winners in the end thanks to two pearlers from their no. 12; either of which were worthy of a higher league. The first was good set up play, but as you'll notice in the highlights our player injured himself when turning and wasn't able to get back to prevent Moore's emphatic finish. Whether he'd have intercepted the cross otherwise we'll never know, and as for the second goal well what was Burns thinking as Cummins had no way of knowing whether it was for him or a back-pass?

To be honest despite the margin, I was a bit disappointed in Ayr as although they have a great forward line, our midfield totally dominated for over an hour, and their defenders weren't too clever judging by the number of clear-cut chances we created which should be a worry for Ayr as we are hardly the most creative side in this league. Had the scoreline been 2-2 with 15 minutes to go, I'd have said that would have been a fairer reflection of the game, and I would have thought that a team that were aimining to go up as champions would have been more convincing, without having to rely on ourprofligacy and two great late goals.

Be interesting to see how we get on next week against Raith (thankfully without Zanatta now), which will give us a better idea of which team looks the stronger, but if Queen's play as well as they did today, cut out the silly mistakes and take their chances, then we should be capable of giving them a good game.

Can't really argue with any of that. We were poor for most of the game yet still scored 4 goals the last 2 in particular of real quality. I thought no 7 and no 8 for QP looked like decent players. Perhaps fairly obvious but we massively missed Higgins at the back. 

When the no 18 took the drop ball I thought it was extremely unsporting but when you see it back in  the highlights I take your point about both players appearing to contest it. 

All in though despite not playing well, we've won 4-1 at hampden which doesn't happen often as Ayr fan and we're back at the top of the league! Tough game at home to Alloa next week!

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Shankland to score a hat trick against Sevco to reach the landmark.

Would be delighted to not play them but would take this aye.  

Kept a note of goalscorers and I've got us on 93, so  it's obviously a shitty note. Suspect Moff is on 11 and I've got him down for 10.

I’ve got us at 94 goals. Shankland on 19, Moore on 21, Moffat and McDaid both on 11 and Forrest on 6.

Archived