Alloa V Raith

It's not so long since it involved heading over to Stirling Bus Station and catching the bus to Alloa! Much easier these days. 
Will be interesting to see how we get on here. We started the season with a steady enough looking squad but a real lack of threat up front compared to last season.  The addition of PJ Crossan on loan helped add pace and Goodwin then managed to bring in a real goal threat in Ross Stewart. With Jordan Kirkpatrick now back in too our attacking options are massively better than the beginning of the campaign. Kirky was impressive at the weekend. We'll see the next few weeks how it all knits together but we should be well capable of causing every team in this league plenty of problems.

Remember we are away from home, we truly are that awful, for a full time team that train every day we just can’t do it. Alloa are a quality team that cause us problems every time we play at the Rec.....sorry Indodrill.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/01/2018 at 11:53, Waspie said:

It's not so long since it involved heading over to Stirling Bus Station and catching the bus to Alloa! Much easier these days. 

Will be interesting to see how we get on here. We started the season with a steady enough looking squad but a real lack of threat up front compared to last season.  The addition of PJ Crossan on loan helped add pace and Goodwin then managed to bring in a real goal threat in Ross Stewart. With Jordan Kirkpatrick now back in too our attacking options are massively better than the beginning of the campaign. Kirky was impressive at the weekend. We'll see the next few weeks how it all knits together but we should be well capable of causing every team in this league plenty of problems.

One of the things I've liked about Goodwin as a manager has been the willingness to change things when they haven't been going well. The signings at the start of the season may have been a mixed bag, but he's worked on it, and there's plenty of reasons  to be optimistic that we can score a decent number of goals in the second half of the season now. He's doing alright, despite the occasional odd decision.

Team on Saturday for me, if Robbo is confirmed out:
Lennox
JT McKay Davo Murray
Barr Matthews Vaughan Nelly
Buchanan Spence

Robbo confirmed out. I’ll stick with this.

Confidence isn’t great for this game, it’s not the fixture we need right now. But none the less COYR!!

10 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

It won’t happen, but I’m hoping to be proved wrong

... and knowing our luck, he'll come in and immediately drop the ball in his own net :lol:

The thing of it is, even as Smith was horrendously culpable for the Stranraer goal, I'm more worried about our inability to get back into the game with 80 minutes to play. We have a real problem with being a goal down for any length of time. We got goals back quickly against Ayr (twice, both at Starks) and Forfar at Starks back in August, but when we are a goal down for any length of time you can almost physically see the confidence and composure drain out of the team....

9 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I’m never on Fantalk so I have absolutely no idea who this “team leak guy” is but i really hope he’s right.

Daysgoneby on fantalk. managed to, ahem, "guess" the team lineup (and actual formation) several times during Hughes reign last year to the extent that he was asked to desist from doing so on fantalk at the start of this season.

I'd back us at 66/1 for the league fellow Wasps. Trounce this lot tomorrow and Barry's bottle will go (again) add in that Ayr Utd have already collapsed despite being the greatest team in decades #phreemunney

That you trying to get the cash to replace your bunnet?

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I’m never on Fantalk so I have absolutely no idea who this “team leak guy” is but i really hope he’s right.

1 hour ago, renton said:

Daysgoneby on fantalk. managed to, ahem, "guess" the team lineup (and actual formation) several times during Hughes reign last year to the extent that he was asked to desist from doing so on fantalk at the start of this season.

Was it not a director that told him to stop posting the team? I vaguely remember reading something about how him leaking the team for a game against Dundee United gave them an advantage as someone from inside the DU camp, for whatever reason, read the post and they changed their own team/formation accordingly. Sure enough we got beat.

Just now, Raithie said:

Was it not a director that told him to stop posting the team? I vaguely remember reading something about how him leaking the team for a game against Dundee United gave them an advantage as someone from inside the DU camp, for whatever reason, read the post and they changed their own team/formation accordingly. Sure enough we got beat.

Not strictly true. It was the game against United that we won 2-1 under Hughes.

The rest of it correct though. McKinnon found out our team, changed his accordingly and still lost :lol:

Not strictly true. It was the game against United that we won 2-1 under Hughes.
The rest of it correct though. McKinnon found out our team, changed his accordingly and still lost :lol:

Ah, my bad. I thought it was an away game where we lost.

While I too hope that Lennox comes in tomorrow is no one else concerned by his injury record? He has been with us for around 18 months during his two spells combined and must have been unavailable for about a year of this. While I realise the facial injury was horrendous and wouldn't wish it on anyone he does strike me a bit as the McHattie of goalkeepers with one injury after another. Just hope he doesn't break down again if he does make his way back into the team.

Just now, bobbykdy said:

While I too hope that Lennox comes in tomorrow is no one else concerned by his injury record? He has been with us for around 18 months during his two spells combined and must have been unavailable for about a year of this. While I realise the facial injury was horrendous and wouldn't wish it on anyone he does strike me a bit as the McHattie of goalkeepers with one injury after another. Just hope he doesn't break down again if he does make his way back into the team.

You could probably let him away with the facial injury as it seemed to be a freak accident that's rarely seen in football. If he was having recurring injuries of the same thing i.e. McHattie/C Barr then I'd be concerned.

Archived