Alloa V Raith

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I’ve not witnessed the Rovers lose in the league this season.

I’ll be at the indodrill next week. So we’ll be fine. 

First for everything mind you...

I'm the same. Have a record of P14 W12 D2 L0 in the league this season.

What could go wrong :huh:

My worry is that when we concede  away from home we don't generally win.  Out of 10 away matches we've conceded in 8 of those and from those 8 we've only won 2.  We're not a team that's going to stick 3 or 4 past someone on a weekly basis and so when we play and gift goals like we did on Saturday then it puts us under massive pressure. 

No matter what we all want to happen Smith will start in goals on Saturday and therefore we just have to pray that when he does make his weekly mistake that Alloa can't take their chance. 

If Robertson is injured then it's almost certain he'll bring Herron into the team which immediately makes us weaker. Furtado has to start but play him on the wing where he is most effective. Matthews isn't a left winger so bring him either back into the middle or over to the right.  Oh and lets stop punting the high balls to Spence and Buchanan otherwise it'll be like deja vu.

This, other than Ayr away, will probably be our toughest match left in the season. Ayr will win on Saturday so 3 points an absolute must.

My worry is that when we concede  away from home we don't generally win.  Out of 10 away matches we've conceded in 8 of those and from those 8 we've only won 2.  We're not a team that's going to stick 3 or 4 past someone on a weekly basis and so when we play and gift goals like we did on Saturday then it puts us under massive pressure. 
No matter what we all want to happen Smith will start in goals on Saturday and therefore we just have to pray that when he does make his weekly mistake that Alloa can't take their chance. 
If Robertson is injured then it's almost certain he'll bring Herron into the team which immediately makes us weaker. Furtado has to start but play him on the wing where he is most effective. Matthews isn't a left winger so bring him either back into the middle or over to the right.  Oh and lets stop punting the high balls to Spence and Buchanan otherwise it'll be like deja vu.
This, other than Ayr away, will probably be our toughest match left in the season. Ayr will win on Saturday so 3 points an absolute must.

I agree with everything other than the last paragraph.

This will be a good chance to go back on top so we’ll most likely find someway to mess it up.

Drop Graeme Smith and get natural wingers. Ideally if possible try to get some game time for McHattie and Benedictus. Play Vaughan in the middle of the park to get some creativity.

Probably none of the above will happen. That or we start Lennox and he does his cruciate within 5 minutes. I'm not sure if I'll go. The trains from Edinburgh to Alloa are a complete hassle with having to change at Stirling.

24 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Drop Graeme Smith and get natural wingers. Ideally if possible try to get some game time for McHattie and Benedictus. Play Vaughan in the middle of the park to get some creativity.

Probably none of the above will happen. That or we start Lennox and he does his cruciate within 5 minutes. I'm not sure if I'll go. The trains from Edinburgh to Alloa are a complete hassle with having to change at Stirling.

Never found them to be too bad, albeit we usually go for a pint in Stirling anyway.

1 hour ago, rw89 said:

Better changing at Larbert. There's a boozer nearer the station. 

14 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Team on Saturday for me, if Robbo is confirmed out:

Lennox

JT McKay Davo Murray

Barr Matthews Vaughan Nelly

Buchanan Spence

Can't argue with that although I've the usual sinking feeling that Smith and Herron will be in there instead. Can't see us taking anything here Barr's lack of motivation in the smaller/'less important' matches seems to be contagious, at least I only have to listen to this one.

If Robertson is out we are gonna be much weaker in midfield.  Might be time for Smith to try something different.  I want to see Lennox in but we all know it wont happen.

Smith 

Thomson  McKay  Davo  Murray

Herron  Vaughan  Matthews

Furtado  Spence  Barr

If need be we can drop Furtado and Barr back into a 5 midfield or push Vaughan up in a Striker role if this doesnt work.

21 hours ago, rw89 said:

The trains from Edinburgh to Alloa are a complete hassle with having to change at Stirling.

It's not so long since it involved heading over to Stirling Bus Station and catching the bus to Alloa! Much easier these days. 

Will be interesting to see how we get on here. We started the season with a steady enough looking squad but a real lack of threat up front compared to last season.  The addition of PJ Crossan on loan helped add pace and Goodwin then managed to bring in a real goal threat in Ross Stewart. With Jordan Kirkpatrick now back in too our attacking options are massively better than the beginning of the campaign. Kirky was impressive at the weekend. We'll see the next few weeks how it all knits together but we should be well capable of causing every team in this league plenty of problems.

Archived