Alloa V Raith

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

First time to the Recs for me. I’m really looking forward to it. My last away game was Albion Rovers where we lost 2-1. However, I feel we could manage a 1-1 draw today if the keeper can cut out any clangers, like the Riverdance routine or generally flapping at high balls. Of course, someone will have to score for us, but I really feel we can score a goal today.

Heron to boss the midfield.

There is always something great about going to a ground for the first time so I am sure you will enjoy it!

On a personal note I won't be going as I really struggle to enjoy watching a game there. Viwes are pish now they have taken away the away terracing allong the side of the pitch, the fact they don't let us on the terracing behind the goal and the 'stand' is a gazebo. And the spead on fans right along the pitch and lack of roof means there is never any atmosphere at the game regardless of the score. I think the home end behond the goals looks cracking tho! 

ETA if I could go I would have - but am working until kick off. Saturdays without going to the football are fucking gash!

10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Looking forward to it. Nothing but fine memories of Alloa. Kind of.

Davie Hunter banging in a free kick to ensure promotion in 75/76

1975-761-800x559.jpg

BACK ROW: John Hislop, Tom Brown, Brian Cooper, Jim Taylor, Murray McDermott, Davie Cairns, Bert Graham, Davie Hunter, Chris Dempster, Billy Brown
FRONT ROW: Willie Benvie (Coach), Malcolm Robertson, Donald Urquhart, John Jobson, Andy Matthew (Manager), Gordon Wallace, Ronnie Duncan, Jim Brown, Bob Methven (Trainer)

11 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Aye I know mate, its still not ideal thought. Do you know why they don't at least open a full half or two thirds of it?

It's half and half just our half is the wide side and the away side is narrow side. The area right behind the goals is cordoned off to keep the segregation.

Probably keeping our fans happy so they get to change ends at half time. I always used to stand at the home terracing or underneath the stand. Still waiting on getting a larger tower set above the away stand.

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

It's half and half just our half is the wide side and the away side is narrow side. The area right behind the goals is cordoned off to keep the segregation.

Probably keeping our fans happy so they get to change ends at half time. I always used to stand at the home terracing or underneath the stand. Still waiting on getting a larger tower set above the away stand.

That is very much fair enough. Just a shame it means shite view for us! Although I prefer a shite view and segregation that mixed areas - that makes it an even worse atmosphere!

i miss the old East side terracing , used to stand there always , Apparently taken away because the stuff used for it was old pit bings and was deemed unsafe , but the railway end is made of the same stuff ? anyway can't stand that gazebo , wish the club could put a proper stand in but its all money eh !

I wonder how much the club got for the sale of the land to KFC (boak ! ).

I used to like going to the Recs but in recent years the terracing allocation to away fans has been disgraceful, much like Cowdenbeath's. I dont patronise businesses that treat their customers with contempt.

Delighted with that line up. Two wide players wide, and two full backs who are comfortable getting forward. First time in a long time we've been able to say that. Should really increase the number of chances we can create.

Good to see Lennox back too, of course. May take a couple of games to bed back in, but the defence should be more comfortable with him than they were with Smith.

I used to like going to the Recs but in recent years the terracing allocation to away fans has been disgraceful, much like Cowdenbeath's. I dont patronise businesses that treat their customers with contempt.

You do get your own back by allocating us the worst view in Starks.

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Delighted with that line up. Two wide players wide, and two full backs who are comfortable getting forward. First time in a long time we've been able to say that. Should really increase the number of chances we can create.

Good to see Lennox back too, of course. May take a couple of games to bed back in, but the defence should be more comfortable with him than they were with Smith.

What excuse will get rolled out, if we get pumped ?

Archived