Alloa V Raith

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m thinking of making this my first ever trip to watch a game in Alloa. I’ve heard some rave reviews about our away performances under Barry Smith and that’s clinched the deal.

Hopefully Graeme ‘The Wall’ Smith starts in goal. I hear he is worth 10 points a season and with him in goals the league is as good as ours.

Buchan and Spence are adept at beating two 6ft plus guys to a long ball, then running in on goal and despatching the ball into the net with aplomb.

It’s going to be a great day on Saturday!

I’m looking forward to getting the cigars out by the time we next visit Stranraer. What a time to be alive!

Unfortunately BS has made the decision to extend GS’s contract till the end of the season and no way will he be dropped. We won’t see Lennox again this season. He is more stubborn than McGlynn when he continually persisted with McNeil.

Looking forward to this. With PJ and Ross to come back into the attack it’ll be interesting to see who Goodwin goes with. We need that killer instinct in front of goal and we have the attacking players to hurt teams, so hopefully we capitalise on Raith’s poor form & get a much needed victory!

38 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Looking forward to this. With PJ and Ross to come back into the attack it’ll be interesting to see who Goodwin goes with. We need that killer instinct in front of goal and we have the attacking players to hurt teams, so hopefully we capitalise on Raith’s poor form & get a much needed victory!

Goodwin doesn't change that much but I'm going Ross for Kris as the one change from yesterday.  Unfortunate for Kris because I think he has been giving 100% for the team.  United were there for the taking and we needed someone to get in behind especially with Flood playing at right back.  Crazy decision to take Kris off for Malky the way we were playing as he is hardly likely to turn his man and run in on goal.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m thinking of making this my first ever trip to watch a game in Alloa. I’ve heard some rave reviews about our away performances under Barry Smith and that’s clinched the deal.

Hopefully Graeme ‘The Wall’ Smith starts in goal. I hear he is worth 10 points a season and with him in goals the league is as good as ours.

Buchan and Spence are adept at beating two 6ft plus guys to a long ball, then running in on goal and despatching the ball into the net with aplomb.

It’s going to be a great day on Saturday!

I’m looking forward to getting the cigars out by the time we next visit Stranraer. What a time to be alive!

Nurse Nurse....put the nice man back in his cell......take his laces out........

Goodwin doesn't change that much but I'm going Ross for Kris as the one change from yesterday.  Unfortunate for Kris because I think he has been giving 100% for the team.  United were there for the taking and we needed someone to get in behind especially with Flood playing at right back.  Crazy decision to take Kris off for Malky the way we were playing as he is hardly likely to turn his man and run in on goal.

Aye, that’s the change that I was thinking of for next week. Maybe even see PJ for someone like Kev. It annoyed me yesterday when fans were giving Renton pelters and the “get him off” shouts when he worked so hard yesterday and I thought did a good job holding play up, he missed that header but that’s the only real chance he had. Malcolm gives you so much less than what Rents does and I too, didn’t understand that swap. It was only when Rents went off that we started floating balls into the box more often!

Nurse Nurse....put the nice man back in his cell......take his laces out........

I was run over by the Kirkcaldy Juggernaut. Spent a week in hospital but I’m cured now.

Are we in that wee white tent on Saturday? Will there be nurses?

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

I was run over by the Kirkcaldy Juggernaut. Spent a week in hospital but I’m cured now.

Are we in that wee white tent on Saturday? Will there be nurses?

The Juggernauts back in the garage and the milk floats now being utilised again, nurses won't be there but you will have two dedicated  very nice St Johns ambulance men and your carer gets in for free....have a nice time.....x

Archived