Dunfermline V League Leaders

For everyone's sake and sanity I think this thread has run it's course. The saints won, Pars slipped down the table, so now onwards to this weekend and the next round of games.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Being accued of being racist is very serious so today I did enquires from people who deal with law. Conclusion it would not stand up in a court of law in the context I wrote in. End of story. 

Your posts remind me of my blunt pencil. POINTLESS!

19 minutes ago, parslad said:

Surprised the bullying racist is  still allowed to spout his bile. Still can't get over being called a whimp. I showed his post to my friends at my model railway club meeting tonight. They were equally horrified.

Do you have a tiny model Michael Portillo?

Wow. We properly spunked that away, if those numbers are correct. [emoji38]
I know a lot of it will have gone on non-playing stuff, but some of it went on Kyle Hutton and Cameron Howieson.
Was Howieson not part of Tommy Craigs team?

On 28/1/2018 at 21:40, Demented Zebra said:

Shocking and disappointed  willing to learn but feels very much like a witch hunt this from a guy who has worked extesively in Africa for many years and experienced first hand racism in in Alabama.  Again disappointed in the shooting match here given the history what I have written above as in willing to move on and learn especially from people from my own club very very disappointing you would consider me racist. I'm  away. 

Were you a slave?

9 hours ago, Fony Titz said:
On 29/01/2018 at 07:58, Coventry Saint said:
Wow. We properly spunked that away, if those numbers are correct. emoji38.png
I know a lot of it will have gone on non-playing stuff, but some of it went on Kyle Hutton and Cameron Howieson.

Was Howieson not part of Tommy Craigs team?

Nope Murry's team

Bit of love due for Jack Ross. Doing a great job and hopefully this is just the start of a long career in management. Being well-dressed and possessing an honours degree is not an instant recipe for success but that bit of class and intelligence marks him out as a bit different in Scottish football. Instead of it making him an outsider he clearly has a grasp on how to relate to people and get his ideas across. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Bit of love due for Jack Ross. Doing a great job and hopefully this is just the start of a long career in management. Being well-dressed and possessing an honours degree is not an instant recipe for success but that bit of class and intelligence marks him out as a bit different in Scottish football. Instead of it making him an outsider he clearly has a grasp on how to relate to people and get his ideas across. 

I learned more about him as he lost his first 8 games in charge. The way he reacted, the way he spoke to the media in the aftermath, the way he kept calm and focused, giving all the players a chance to impress or otherwise, while clearly he was making plans for January to replace those he didn't rate.

It's easy to be calm and articulate, reasoned and sensible, when you're winning most weeks. The way he dealt with those early struggles was very telling for me. Even going into the crowd and confronting a supporter was done with a bit of class. No ranting and raving, just reasoned with the guy and put his case across. 

21 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I learned more about him as he lost his first 8 games in charge. The way he reacted, the way he spoke to the media in the aftermath, the way he kept calm and focused, giving all the players a chance to impress or otherwise, while clearly he was making plans for January to replace those he didn't rate.

It's easy to be calm and articulate, reasoned and sensible, when you're winning most weeks. The way he dealt with those early struggles was very telling for me. Even going into the crowd and confronting a supporter was done with a bit of class. No ranting and raving, just reasoned with the guy and put his case across. 

His degree in economics might not directly mean much in football but the skills of being able to be self-motivated to study, cope with classmates of all different backgrounds, work under pressure etc can't hurt. IMO education and the life skills it brings is greatly undervalued in Scottish sport. 

One minor caveat regarding Ross' success (at least so far) is that it's not like he came to the club vanilla. He'd spent two season (one truly excellent, one we shouldn't really mention) here so had a handle on the club and it's fans before he became manager.

Archived