Dunfermline V League Leaders

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

There's nothing lucky with St Mirren being top. You don't get that far ahead over so many games because of luck. Other teams not being good enough to put them away doesn't count as luck either.

Is it the worst league in a while? Yep. But everyone had opportunity to build a team to be a bit better and from last season, it would appear that one team in particular did that. 

Folk usually say that sort of stuff about teams at the top. It was said about St Mirren in 99/00. It's always a load of shit.

Folk also always say that the league is the worst in a while.

Oh and to others on here; the SPL isn't a thing and hasn't been for years now

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saying things like "that big coloured lad" is casually racist, because you wouldn't intentionally describe his team mate as "that big white lad".

It's absolutely nowhere near some of the racism of the past, or even the stuff generated every now and then in the game, but it's something people should move away from.

Describing someone by their race isn't necessarily racist in itself, 'coloured' is a poor choice of word though, Grant228 posted an article explaining why. And 'the big coloured chap' sounds awful. 

I always cringe when folk add 'chap' or 'fellow' after someone's race, I think it comes across really patronising.

19 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Explain yourself if possible. 

I did after your original post, the link I originally posted sums it up better than I would. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Eh.... 

I get that you probably didn't mean it in an offensive manner but nowadays that's really not great language to be using. 

www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/30999175/warning-why-using-the-term-coloured-is-offensive

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I did after your original post, the link I originally posted sums it up better than I would. 

Ffs your hitting the bottom of the barrow if that' the best you can come up with. Tell you what make an officia complaint let' see who gets laughed at. 

10 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Ffs your hitting the bottom of the barrow if that' the best you can come up with. Tell you what make an officia complaint let' see who gets laughed at. 

You must be trolling. 

So I have looked up the word coloure so I will take that back and apologize it was never my intention to sound racist. I had no idea the name of the player. Is the word black player aloud its starting to feel like walking on broken glass. 

PC gone mad.

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

He does what he wants tbf

That last ten minutes was fucking agony. He won pretty much everything. I think Gary McK beat him to a single header. We even doubled up on him to no avail.

Thing was, he's not actually much taller than Jack Baird - he's just crazily strong.

Does he beast other defences like that, too, or just ours?

Pretty sure the big man played in the Raith team when we scudded them 5 nil at the end of last season and he, along with the rest of his team mates had an absolute nightmare that day. Looked a totally different player last night though. Surprised it took JR so long  to get Gary Mac on to go up against him. He won absolutely everything in the 2nd half.

Archived