Dunfermline V League Leaders

People are really touchy about this McShane thing. You can't win the league with 11 players, you need to use your full squad there is nothing wrong with rotation or resting of players when you have someone available to come in and add a different dimension to the team.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, elvis said:

A wee bit of reverse psychology  going on there .

1 hour ago, elvis said:

You Pars fans are full of shit you all know you will win on Friday.

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

People are really touchy about this McShane thing. You can't win the league with 11 players, you need to use your full squad there is nothing wrong with rotation or resting of players when you have someone available to come in and add a different dimension to the team.

I think people just realise how important he's been to the team that is 8 points clear at the top of the league, unbeaten in the league for nearly two months, and are wary of any clamour to change things for the sake of it...

14 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I think people just realise how important he's been to the team that is 8 points clear at the top of the league, unbeaten in the league for nearly two months, and are wary of any clamour to change things for the sake of it...

Yes he's been important, everyone has. Doesn't mean he's untouchable.

I think what's happened is that people were underrating McShane, despite his penalties and assists. This was the first backlash. There was then a backlash against that, and his position was hyped up. People then backlashed against that, saying he's not undroppable and, finally, there was another backlash now he's being defended again.

So, to keep score, we're currently in the backlash to the backlash to the backlash to the Ian McShane backlash.

4 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

No disputing the fact that no player can expect to be untouchable, but for me McGinn is without doubt the man who makes us tick. If he's fit and on form he starts every game for me. The most successful teams who win titles, do so with a settled tried and tested line up. 

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

No disputing the fact that no player can expect to be untouchable, but for me McGinn is without doubt the man who makes us tick. If he's fit and on form he starts every game for me. The most successful teams who win titles, do so with a settled tried and tested line up. 

Can' remember us ever dropping the Captain add to the fact he has done nothing wrong to merit dropping. McGinn's passing  can sometimes take your breathe away it can be utter class he is a great reader of the game drop him is nuts and wont happen. Im well documented in writing Hill should play but dropping who to fit him in is not easy but I feel he is what we need a defensive midfielder especially for this game. 

4 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Nobody is untouchable, but we shouldn't change the team for the sake of it. I did think we needed more bite and defensive capability for certain games, this being one, but not certain McShane will be the one to drop out, if any do.

I'm not suggesting McShane is untouchable, I actually find him quite frustrating at times, but we've won 6 out our last 7 so I find it odd that there is suggestion that he might be dropped for a young player who has played virtually no first team football in his career.

Had we been on a slump then I would totally get it, I'm just not sure now is the time to just give something a try.

I'd expect to see Eckersley back in if he's fit. Other than that I'd be surprised to see any changes.

4 hours ago, elvis said:

The difference is I will be right I am not trying to kid everyone on.

No you're going to win..! No you are! No you! 

7-6 to the Pars, Wedderburn to get sent off for scanting Jack Ross and Reilly to break his scoring drought at EEP with an overhead kick own-goal from the half way line.

Don't really understand the shouts for Hill to get a start on Friday. A guy that people have only seen for 15 minutes, and who has hardly any first team experience.

Only change I'd make is bringing Eckersley back in for Stelios. Thought Stelios had played well since coming in until last week.

Been feeling strangely confident about this game. There's two strands to that; I missed Saturday's loss in the cup so couldn't tell you how we played, and that usually means my predictions are hopelessly wrong.

We actually played not bad against Dundee United in spells but we need a bit more in the final third. With Cardle out, Aird surely has to start wide left, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Higginbotham restored to the starting line-up either.

We played well in the home game in September and I didn't think there was much in the game at theirs either. St Mirren are clearly a more consistent proposition than they were when we beat them earlier in the season though so expect a much tighter game.

Got a feeling we might nick it by a goal. I have absolutely nothing to base that on though.

I've gone for a traitor's double - a tenner on the only outcome that would see the Arabs make significant ground on us. Dunfermline win or draw, plus Arabs to win. Returns about £26.

If we lose or draw and Morton hold Dundee United, I'd take that.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I've gone for a traitor's double - a tenner on the only outcome that would see the Arabs make significant ground on us. Dunfermline win or draw, plus Arabs to win. Returns about £26.

If we lose or draw and Morton hold Dundee United, I'd take that.

Boooooooooooo :)

Archived