Dunfermline V League Leaders

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Still nightmares from our last visit. Both knocked out the cup let's see who reacts better. We'll need to defend alot better than we did today.

Friday night football looking forward to it.

Hopefully Eckersley will be fit for this, he makes the defence a lot more solid.

We (Dunfermline) had a couple of good performances recently after a bad run but we were pretty crap against Morton today so I'm going to say we st mirren will beat us 2-1, Reilly almost certain to score the winner. He was rank rotten for us last year and went to paisley and miraculously became a player. 

13 hours ago, elvis said:

There are 4 games I think we will lose out of the last 14 Dunfermline. Dundee utd Inverness and Falkirk. We should Finnish top 4 but don't think we will go up just not good enough I am afraid. 

Based on what exactly? Even putting aside our record in the first half, it's fair to say that on paper we are probably only matched by United. Like most Saints fans I've been bitten on the arse by optimism on many an occasion but this time? This time I think it's all going pretty fucking "ginger peachy".

As for the game, Dunfermline have to see this as a bit of a yardstick for them, any pretensions of catching the top 2 they have must include beating us. Failing to do so here, pretty much leaves them fighting for the last play off places. Not that I would consider that a negative, all in all it's a pretty decent return. With the start they had though, you feel some of their fans might see that as a "missed opportunity". So far, at least.

I would imagine Ross will shuffle the pack a little. Might start with Mullen up front and the whole Magennis, Flynn, McShane, McGinn and Hill combo gives him the chance to freshen positions up. Not sure if Eckersley is fit, presumably not as in all honesty he would have been on the park in replace of Stellios within the first half against Aberdeen if he was.

I think there is room/finance for one final signing this window but doubt anything will happen before this game.

Pain still lingering so not the time for a prediction. Don' really care about the score yesterday we were competing in the first half all over the park , it was the second half we just did not turn up. On a brighter note we have always bounced back after a defeat , Hill must start midfield this boy has talent so can understand why Celtic gave him a 3 year deal. 

We're catching nobody. Away win. Reilly with a hat trick and AJ to say we played them off the park in a 4 nil defeat. Scenes as he's sacked unceremoniously at full time, Vinny Mac style as Stewart Petrie returns in Bobby Rood like fashion.

Glorious!

Huge game for both teams after disappointing results for both in the cup.

I’d be tempted to start Eckersley and McKenzie in place of Stelios and Baird if both are fit.

Don’t think Baird has done much wrong, but I think we could use McKenzie’s experience and goal threat.

Not a must win for us, but after yesterday even a draw wouldn’t be a bad result.

15 hours ago, elvis said:

There are 4 games I think we will lose out of the last 14 Dunfermline. Dundee utd Inverness and Falkirk. We should Finnish top 4 but don't think we will go up just not good enough I am afraid. 

:lol:

2 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Huge game for both teams after disappointing results for both in the cup.

I’d be tempted to start Eckersley and McKenzie in place of Stelios and Baird if both are fit.

Don’t think Baird has done much wrong, but I think we could use McKenzie’s experience and goal threat.

Not a must win for us, but after yesterday even a draw wouldn’t be a bad result.

Baird made some crucial challenges and won as did Davies. Stellios for me is not a left back much better slotting him into forward midfield but we don' t have room for him there. Sad to say not a player for the top league unless he matures more as a left back. Scratch my head with Dunfermilne they were very good in the first quarter. 

Archived