Queens v Brechin City

Has to be the worst performance of the season on Saturday. What the hell has happened to Buzz, and the defence? The only ones encouraging the team were the 30 odd fans who made the trek down. Queens 2-0 up and their manager is still encouraging them on, what did we have, Dods standing with his hands in his pockets the whole 90 minutes.

Plucked up the courage to take Dale off though...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:24, CITY1974 said:

Euan Smith on .Game over he brings nothing to the team

Opposed to Dale who has done what the past few weeks? Time for a few changes in the team starting with Buzz, give the other lads a chance

3 minutes ago, brechincity said:

Has to be the worst performance of the season on Saturday. What the hell has happened to Buzz, and the defence? The only ones encouraging the team were the 30 odd fans who made the trek down. Queens 2-0 up and their manager is still encouraging them on, what did we have, Dods standing with his hands in his pockets the whole 90 minutes.

Plucked up the courage to take Dale off though...

Wasn't even your worst performance at Palmerston this season. Much better than the first game (though appreciate you were short of a few that day).

I thought Brechin played quite nicely at times, particularly the 15 minutes or so immediately before half time and might have gotten back into them game were it not for a terrific save from Alan Martin. It's tough for you guys. Your players are generally not as good as the rest of the division. You got promoted on the back of four terrific performances at the right time and two penalty shoot outs but you were barely halfway up the League below over 36 games. You lack a genuine goal threat but play some nice stuff and sooner or later someone is going to get derailed by you, most likely at Glebe Park rather than away from home. It's the downside of a surprising promotion through the playoffs, the season to follow was always likely to be a hard slog. Fair play to those who stick with it. I hope you win a game sooner rather than later (and preferably that you win one long before the last day of the season!).

Opposed to Dale who has done what the past few weeks? Time for a few changes in the team starting with Buzz, give the other lads a chance

Dale has been really poor most of this season, Buzz for more than that but you’re right it’s time for Dods to grow a set and start dropping when players are clearly not producing. We all have our favourites and take on what we think is needed. After sat though it’s clear changes are needed.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Wasn't even your worst performance at Palmerston this season. Much better than the first game (though appreciate you were short of a few that day).

I thought Brechin played quite nicely at times, particularly the 15 minutes or so immediately before half time and might have gotten back into them game were it not for a terrific save from Alan Martin. It's tough for you guys. Your players are generally not as good as the rest of the division. You got promoted on the back of four terrific performances at the right time and two penalty shoot outs but you were barely halfway up the League below over 36 games. You lack a genuine goal threat but play some nice stuff and sooner or later someone is going to get derailed by you, most likely at Glebe Park rather than away from home. It's the downside of a surprising promotion through the playoffs, the season to follow was always likely to be a hard slog. Fair play to those who stick with it. I hope you win a game sooner rather than later (and preferably that you win one long before the last day of the season!).

Didn't make the first game at the start of the season, that was my first visit to Palmerston.

We can show glimpses of what we can do but its only in short spells. Hoping for a win too, especially for all the guys who travel week in week out, those are the ... fans.

4 minutes ago, slangs said:

Dale has been really poor most of this season, Buzz for more than that but you’re right it’s time for Dods to grow a set and start dropping when players are clearly not producing. We all have our favourites and take on what we think is needed. After sat though it’s clear changes are needed.

He has among others. We are clearly going down so why not give Paddy some game time and see how he gets on?

Didn't make the first game at the start of the season, that was my first visit to Palmerston.

We can show glimpses of what we can do but its only in short spells. Hoping for a win too, especially for all the guys who travel week in week out, those are the true fans.

True fans ? Not every one can go every weekend some of us work on a Saturday and going to away games is just not possible. This kind of mentality is why we can't attract new supporters. Look at the comments about the amount we took to Celtic "Oh where are theses people every week" so what they came to support the team and it's more money for the club they should be made to feel welcome not crititsized and out off from coming to other games

15 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:
1 hour ago, brechincity said:

We can show glimpses of what we can do but its only in short spells. Hoping for a win too, especially for all the guys who travel week in week out, those are the true fans.

True fans ? Not every one can go every weekend some of us work on a Saturday and going to away games is just not possible. This kind of mentality is why we can't attract new supporters. Look at the comments about the amount we took to Celtic "Oh where are theses people every week" so what they came to support the team and it's more money for the club they should be made to feel welcome not crititsized and out off from coming to other games

I'm not on about  that! It's the ones who come out every couple of years when there is a so called big game on.

And where are these people at the Glebe giving money for the club??

I'm not on about  that! It's the ones who come out every couple of years when there is a so called big game on.
Fair point. I've spoke to a few people who say they don't feel welcome on the supporters bus as they are not regulars and this is maybe putting people off I don't include your self in that by the way just certain people put people off.

Just now, hedgeman83 said:
5 minutes ago, brechincity said:

Fair point. I've spoke to a few people who say they don't feel welcome on the supporters bus as they are not regulars and this is maybe putting people off I don't include your self in that by the way just certain people put people off.

Aye I have heard that too, it's been going on for years seemingly. I remember when I started going on the bus years ago, you had to get you name in quick or you scuppered, now its getting less and less.

32 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:
36 minutes ago, brechincity said:

On this point I heard there were a few who were not happy on the buses to Celtic that they had to pay a wee bit more  than members of the supporters club who rightly get discounted travel as a reward for their loyalty.   Some folk just like a good moan. 

3 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

On this point I heard there were a few who were not happy on the buses to Celtic that they had to pay a wee bit more  than members of the supporters club who rightly get discounted travel as a reward for their loyalty.   Some folk just like a good moan. 

:thumsup2:thumsup2

I ve looked at the True Fans and the majority are sad singleton s who live at home with their parents or are 50/60 year old virgins. (Excluding the young lads who get frowned at for singing)
I once drove to an away game parked up at a pub and scrounged a lift on bus to ground a Mile away as it was pissing down .The abuse and snide comments I reviewed that day were pathetic.
I genuinely admire the hard work done by the supporters club but that does nt give them the right to down every other fan who criticises or has a different opinion. I'd love to go to every away game but a young family and shift work means otherwise.

That's why people pay their membership to the supporters club and as you said their loyalty deserves a discount. I'm not a member (though I probably should join ) and would be more than happy paying the extra some people just expect some thing for nothing

7 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

I ve looked at the True Fans and the majority are sad singleton s who live at home with their parents or are 50/60 year old virgins. (Excluding the young lads who get frowned at for singing)
I once drove to an away game parked up at a pub and scrounged a lift on bus to ground a Mile away as it was pissing down .The abuse and snide comments I reviewed that day were pathetic.
I genuinely admire the hard work done by the supporters club but that does nt give them the right to down every other fan who criticises or has a different opinion. I'd love to go to every away game but a young family and shift work means otherwise.

I take it I am in the young lad category ???  :whistle8)

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

Frowned at singing? Were you on the bus on Saturday? Not one person told them to shut up.

A true fan supports there club through the good times and the bad (last four games I attended have been losses). I would argue that those who support there club week in week out give an enormous amount to the club but i think those who who cant attend but buy a top or a scarf are good fans as well especially at our level. I worked it out for me to travel and for me to attend a home match is just short of 200 quid. Away games are obviously more. I also work most weekends. Other fans live abroad. Are they not true fans. I am proud when asked that I support queen of the south and educating them that it's not just rangers and Celtic in Scottish football. This isn't to have a pop at anyone in particular it's just the phrase true fans sometimes irk me. 

1 hour ago, hedgeman83 said:
2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

That's why people pay their membership to the supporters club and as you said their loyalty deserves a discount. I'm not a member (though I probably should join ) and would be more than happy paying the extra some people just expect some thing for nothing

It is worth it. £40 for a life membership and entitles you to discounted travel and discounted shop merchandise

Archived