Queens v Brechin City

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fergusson was terrific today. Dobbie will get the headlines and the plaudits. And rightly so, he is the best striker in the division and probably the best player in the division (Lewis Morgan may think otherwise). But Fergusson led the line ahead of him really well and got his own hat trick, getting the assist on all three goals. Two starts, one goal and three assists isnt a bad return at all for a 20 year old. That loan spell at Annan has done him a world of good. He has come back with a taste for first team action and a renewed appetite. Of course Kane's departure and Lyle's injury gave him an unexpectedly early chance but he has certainly seized it so far.

As for Dobbie, his 3rd hat trick of the season and his 23rd goal was also his 14th League goal and his 104th overall. He is now 10 behind Andy Thomson for 4th top all time. Every chance he gets there before the end of the season. He shows no sign of slowing down and is on target for his best season yet for total goals. Surely will beat last season's 25 goal mark. At 17 goals short he will surely be our 2nd top scorer of all time before  he finishes up now he has another year signed up (granted Lyle may yet move that target further away before he stops).

I thought Isaac Layne did well today, and he was very good in the game at Brechin too. He works defenders hard and gives them no peace. However, he fundamentally doesnt look like he will score very often.

Ferguson. had a decent game for a young player but he was against poor defenders .He works hard but has no pace and most important he had no goal threat I just can't see him score goals for us 

Ferguson. had a decent game for a young player but he was against poor defenders .He works hard but has no pace and most important he had no goal threat I just can't see him score goals for us 

I think he did ok - he certainly started the game well but by no stretch of imagination was he a goal threat. I reckon Dobbie must have had about 90% of our genuine goal attempts and this happens game after game.

There has been absolutely no goal threat from central midfield - and despite his endeavour Dykes is a very poor finisher. Essentially that leaves us with our central defenders at set pieces - they did brilliantly earlier in season but their goals have dried up.

Routine win for Queens. The two early goals actually spoiled the 1st half a bit as Queens sat back after that. Brechin actually forced Martin into a few very good saves but you got the impression Queens could have stepped up a gear if they had to. Dobbie was outstanding and could have had four but for a debatable offside decision.

3 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

You are the most depressing man in the UK, can feel the panic in every post. 

Are you’re eyes painted on ?
1. He has plenty of pace and 2. Last weeks defenders where he played well and scored against were Premiership .
He’s started two games for goodness sake , how do you know he carries no goal threat ?
Talk about being negative

That first Dobbie goal (in his interview on the OS) was a cracker.  Must be in his top 10 for Queens, though I imagine there are plenty of other contenders. What a player, doubt Queens fans will see his like for a long long time.  

I'm not one for replica shirts, but I'm planning on a trip up next season to buy a centenary shirt with his name on it and hopefully getting the maestro to sign it before framing it for the wall.  Would love to see a DVD produced of his goals before he retires, that would sell well I reckon.

The word legend is banded about too often in football, but Stephen  Dobbie certainly deserves that accolade for his time in a QOS shirt..  Be a fitting climax to his career if he's can guide Queens to the SPHell. Unlikely maybe, but as long as Dobbie has that dream, so do I. 

Was dykes in midfield on Saturday and if so how did he do? Is that a better position for him as a contribution to the team? I seen his best game against partick so have a renewed hope in him

I thought he was anonymous yesterday tbh.

Is that about same time you were in Europe ?

I'm sure it was the year before.

52 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Is that about same time you were in Europe ?

We'd officially gone full-time about a year beforehand.

In reality though, nearly all our players earned their entire living from football for two or three years before that.

6 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I am glad  you cleared that up  Steve .  I  was sure Orsi scored but some of the papers have it as Morrison .  

They need to consult with the real reporters !!  :lol:

So that's the Steve that has been doing the match reports this season...I hadn't put 2 and 2 together for some reason. Keep up the good work. I don't get to all the games these days due to work and childcare but I can always rely on an honest and in-depth match report from every game now. It's a godsend given the highlights are rarely up and when they do it's about a week later!!!

2 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

That first Dobbie goal (in his interview on the OS) was a cracker.  Must be in his top 10 for Queens, though I imagine there are plenty of other contenders. What a player, doubt Queens fans will see his like for a long long time.  

I'm not one for replica shirts, but I'm planning on a trip up next season to buy a centenary shirt with his name on it and hopefully getting the maestro to sign it before framing it for the wall.  Would love to see a DVD produced of his goals before he retires, that would sell well I reckon.

The word legend is banded about too often in football, but Stephen  Dobbie certainly deserves that accolade for his time in a QOS shirt..  Be a fitting climax to his career if he's can guide Queens to the SPHell. Unlikely maybe, but as long as Dobbie has that dream, so do I. 

Great stuff Kfts. I feel very pwoud that you will have a framed Queens shirt hanging on the wall with my name on it too. :thumsup2

Unless of course the sponsor covers my name up.  :(

Think every man and his dog could see he and others would’ve had chance had Dobbie not been trying so hard to his hat trick, 2/3 times he could’ve played someone in. His assist for first and third were excellent, still would like to see us bring someone in but the kid is proving to be a decent option. Bell looks like he may be also, his pass for the Dobbies offside goal was class.

Archived