Queens v Brechin City

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His true potential was to just about hit the corner flag when it was easier to play young Graham in and not get onto a great ball fae the same player. He’s ment to be a striker n couldn’t score in a brothel

I can't recall the boy getting a clear chance today. You'll know better than me but I doubt he's given chance after chance on a weekly basis in that side. I would be happy to see us approach him. In a woeful side he was looking for the ball, he was strong and wasn't afraid to run at us. A player I'd be happy to have in our squad. I reckon Dobbie would have a hard time at Brechin tbh.

FWIW I thought Brechin were a far improved side to the one I saw at the start of the season. They passed it around nicely at times but didn't really threaten. The goal was a good finish but woefully defended by ourselves. We're nowhere near good enough to take our foot off the pedal against any side.

I was impressed with Fergusson (superb for Dobbie's 3rd) and Bell may well be our next McShane. Dobbie was yet again the difference.

I can't recall the boy getting a clear chance today. You'll know better than me but I doubt he's given chance after chance on a weekly basis in that side. I would be happy to see us approach him. In a woeful side he was looking for the ball, he was strong and wasn't afraid to run at us. A player I'd be happy to have in our squad. I reckon Dobbie would have a hard time at Brechin tbh.

FWIW I thought Brechin were a far improved side to the one I saw at the start of the season. They passed it around nicely at times but didn't really threaten. The goal was a good finish but woefully defended by ourselves. We're nowhere near good enough to take our foot off the pedal against any side.

I was impressed with Fergusson (superb for Dobbie's 3rd) and Bell may well be our next McShane. Dobbie was yet again the difference.

Well truths in the pudding sign him up n see how he does. You can go through most teams and say if there was more quality round about an individual they might be better. I’ve been at 90% this season and I’ve never seen this player quite a few think is decent. I’m not looking for anything other than all of our players to be half decent. If we were I’m sure we’d be in a better position now. From goalie to striker I feel we’ve not done ourselves any justice.When you break it down to individual performances it becomes hard for supporters to see positives.the biggest problem for me is we’re in the wrong league and I would like to think the guys would be so much better in the 1st division

20 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Fergusson was terrific today. Dobbie will get the headlines and the plaudits. And rightly so, he is the best striker in the division and probably the best player in the division (Lewis Morgan may think otherwise). But Fergusson led the line ahead of him really well and got his own hat trick, getting the assist on all three goals. Two starts, one goal and three assists isnt a bad return at all for a 20 year old. That loan spell at Annan has done him a world of good. He has come back with a taste for first team action and a renewed appetite. Of course Kane's departure and Lyle's injury gave him an unexpectedly early chance but he has certainly seized it so far.

As for Dobbie, his 3rd hat trick of the season and his 23rd goal was also his 14th League goal and his 104th overall. He is now 10 behind Andy Thomson for 4th top all time. Every chance he gets there before the end of the season. He shows no sign of slowing down and is on target for his best season yet for total goals. Surely will beat last season's 26 goal mark. At 17 goals short he will surely be our 2nd top scorer of all time before  he finishes up now he has another year signed up (granted Lyle may yet move that target further away before he stops).

I thought Isaac Layne did well today, and he was very good in the game at Brechin too. He works defenders hard and gives them no peace. However, he fundamentally doesnt look like he will score very often.

A vital win inspired by a virtuoso performance from Dobbie. He must have had 6/7 great individual chances - there was literally nobody else who looked like scoring for us but Fergusson played well.

Cameron was solid and Beerman did well.

As others have said Owen Bell looked good when he came on - I would go as far as to say that he showed more composure in his brief appearance than Rankin and Thomson did put together for 90 minutes. I think he is now a serious contender to start games.

Brechin played some decent stuff (Ford looks a good prospect) but up front they looked the same as we would without Dobbie.

A couple of great saves from Alan Martin - hope this is a sign of better things to come.

His true potential was to just about hit the corner flag when it was easier to play young Graham in and not get onto a great ball fae the same player. He’s ment to be a striker n couldn’t score in a brothel

No you do

Hey was up against 3 international s and ok game was over he was giving them a torrid time He changed the game a wee bit .Until he came on it was high balls to a clearly unfit Jacko .
I agree he s never gonna score heaps but he s vastly improved since start of season as have majority of the team .

46 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Hey was up against 3 international s and ok game was over he was giving them a torrid time He changed the game a wee bit .Until he came on it was high balls to a clearly unfit Jacko .
I agree he s never gonna score heaps but he s vastly improved since start of season as have majority of the team .

I see no improvement in the squad been dire all season,when and if we win a game that will be improvement.

I see no improvement in the squad been dire all season,when and if we win a game that will be improvement.

Mafia s up early this morning! Arms and Dalhousie must ve been closed early last night .
Of course we ve improved we re lacking a goalscorer although other posters reckon we re not. And I think we re fitter although I think he could freshen back 4/ 5 up I think Fusco and Dyer need to be brought back in and give young Sparky a rest or change of position.

I am afraid I agree with Slangs about Isaac but unfortunately he is probably  the best we have at the moment as a striker . Really cannot see us getting a win not only because of our lack of goals  but we are unable to stop the opposition scoring either.
How did the new new loon get on yesterday ?

Looks ok the lad,hope it works for him and us

2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Brechin played some decent stuff (Ford looks a good prospect) but up front they looked the same as we would without Dobbie.

That was Callumn  Morrison.  He was using Elliot Ford's old shirt but the tape that covered his name came off part of the way through the game.

"Ford" was actually Callumn Morrison who signed on loan from Hearts late in the week. They obviously didn't have enough time to get the shirt printed with his name. He was certainly one of few positives yesterday, looked quick and direct and made an excellent assist for Orsi's goal.

Archived