Queens v Brechin City

Fergusson did well again I thought, he set up Dobbie for the first and did all the donkey work much like last week. He tired again but he doesn’t look out of his depth at a far higher level to what he is used to. Will only get better playing alongside Dobbie.

I was really impressed with Owen Bell’s contribution from the bench. He looks very composed given his lack of experience. I really liked the way he dropped off on a couple of occasions asking for a pass from our centre halves. It’s a feature badly missing from our game. Of course he didn’t get it as they launched it forward like a hot potato. It was pleasing the way he then berated them for it, clearly not lacking in confidence.

Not much else to he said really. Solid and professional performance. Dobbie obviously outstanding, Brechin not as bad as their league position would suggest. Not very good either.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange game Queens got a great start 2 Dobbie goals then we seem to think the job was done .Brechin almost got one back but for a great save from Martin.

2nd half we were on control just a matter of time before we got our 3 goal Dobbie again then we went to sleep again let Brechin back in the game no surprise they pulled a goal back.

One of those games which had an air of inevitability before a ball was kicked. We were always going to win. Was just a question of by how many. We didn't actually play that well today but we didn't need to. Brechin are honking. Dobbie was just coasting it and some of his play was a delight. Fergusson did a great job supporting him. I dont think hes a predatory striker but more a strong target man who links play. He seemed to have gained in confidence from his goal last week and he and Dobbie linked up nicely. Noone else really stood out. Martin made a few good saves. 1 top class. Mercer was decent again. Beerman was so so. Cameron didnt look great tbh. Hit a few good balls but wasnt overly convinced by him. As for Brechin well Tapping had the best game Ive seen him play at Palmy. The fact he was your best player by a considerable margin shows what a predicament your in. McLean was horrendous for them. Dale in midfield not much better.  

Professional performance today.Dreadful goal lost,but this is the norm.Dobbie.....where would we be without him.Not getting carried away with this today as Brechin are surely for the drop,and we just sent them a wee bit nearer to it,without being particularly "great"

Can’t say I shared your confidence pre-match, we’re far too unpredictable this season.

I think you’re being hard on Brechin as well. They had their moments and if they’d managed to bring it back to 2-1 it would have been a different game. To their credit they tried to attack us, I suppose at this stage there isn’t much point in them parking the bus and digging in for a point. They lacked any real attacking quality whereas we have Dobbie. That was the main difference.

55 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

Thought Martin did well again, don’t see where a lot of the negativity about him comes from. 

So you`ve been happy with him overall?

Great he`s doing better and hopefully that will be maintained and improved  but thus far he`s  been far from convincing with us.

46 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

So you`ve been happy with him overall?

Great he`s doing better and hopefully that will be maintained and improved  but thus far he`s  been far from convincing with us.

Can’t really think of any howlers really? Maybe him and Brownlie making an arse of it in one game. 

2 hours ago, slangs said:

Long journey today to watch dross. A 1st for me though I was there to witness dale being subbed.Isaac up top alone???? Wouldn’t have him near a ball couldnae bring doon a bag o tatties

Funny you say that I thought Layne at times holds it up well and uses his body to good effect. Its just the part after he seems not to be productive but looked decent enough to me. Doesnt really look a threat either but not sure how much that is because he is so isolated.

Funny you say that I thought Layne at times holds it up well and uses his body to good effect. Its just the part after he seems not to be productive but looked decent enough to me. Doesnt really look a threat either but not sure how much that is because he is so isolated.

Hey came on at Parkhead and showed his true potential but has nt done it near enough. I d like him to get another chance alongside a fitter Jacko.

Archived