Queens v Brechin City

A match we must win but we are struggling to score goals just  now .If Dobbie is  marked tightly then we won't score have no goals in the team    

Hopefully new signing this week great to see young boys like Ferguson getting a start but we need experience..

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel a bit sorry for Brechin. Part time team, which with a negative goal difference last year, still achieved promotion.

Always going to struggle, but they, like Queens have a very passionate support.

Good luck to both teams, as both stadiums are good old fashioned ones

Will be like a home game with our 1200 travelling support [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].
Na back to reality this week .Hopefully start picking up points here and there and make our inevitable relegation less painless.

18 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

A match we must win but we are struggling to score goals just  now .If Dobbie is  marked tightly then we won't score have no goals in the team    

Hopefully new signing this week great to see young boys like Ferguson getting a start but we need experience..

We have an experienced striker on the injury list at the moment.  If he is expected to be fit shortly then the need to bring in someone else is lessened.  That is also assuming that the Manager would select him anyway of course. 

3 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Will be like a home game with our 1200 travelling support emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png.
Na back to reality this week .Hopefully start picking up points here and there and make our inevitable relegation less painless.

Why do you want your relegation to be painful?

19 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

That striker is Derek Lyle and you would hope Naysmith will give him a start.

3 hours ago, NOTS said:

That striker is Derek Lyle and you would hope Naysmith will give him a start.

Will he still be a Queens player come Saturday.If Lyle is fit and Ferguson plays before him then if i was  Lyle I  would take the offer from Dumbarton .

We shouldn't be throwing a player returning from injury straight into the first team just because they chose to go bleating to a tabloid rag.  Legend or not that's ridiculous.

Beerman and Fordyce were both risked yesterday as a bit of a necessity and both managed an hour or thereabouts.  Fergusson did well but tired towards the end, if the same occurs against Brechin Lyle would be the ideal man to replace him and get a bit of game time.

14 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Will he still be a Queens player come Saturday.If Lyle is fit and Ferguson plays before him then if i was  Lyle I  would take the offer from Dumbarton .

Has Lyle been offered a deal with Dumbarton or is it just because Iain Russell has signed for the Sons?

Queens season seems to have hit a brick wall at the moment and after a reasonably solid start it all seems to be going downhill. Injuries havent helped but the managers tactics and selections have been bemusing at times. Some of the football on show has been dire this season and its little wonder the crowds are down. We really need to try and win well on Saturday to kickstart things. 

We're interested, but I doubt we have the finances to be quite honest.
IMG-20180119-WA0005.thumb.jpg.dd4f85cf965a52bde4c205ab58dca022.jpg

Lyle is on record saying he is packing it in at the end of the season (which makes the whole situation even more infuriating) so that's what, 4 months more wages from us?* Given he will have a few quid in the bank, he will have got a lump from his testimonial and has his own business I wouldn't be shocked if he decided to take a pay cut for the last 4 months of his career to get game time with his pal one last time.

* I have absolutely no idea how the wages are dealt with. I'm just assuming they'll get paid monthly.

5 hours ago, Sir Derek of Dryfe said:

Queens season seems to have hit a brick wall at the moment and after a reasonably solid start it all seems to be going downhill. Injuries havent helped but the managers tactics and selections have been bemusing at times. Some of the football on show has been dire this season and its little wonder the crowds are down. We really need to try and win well on Saturday to kickstart things. 

I think the crowds might also be down because our home form since August hasn’t been great. We have won 1 home league game in the last 5 months. Of the 7 games in that period, we’ve drawn 3 and lost 3, with the 3 draws all being 0-0. Last league win at home was 3 months ago.

Overall, in all competitions, our home wins have come against Brechin, Dumbarton, Airdrie, Montrose and Falkirk (so only one of them FT). And we have also drawn at home with Albion Rovers and East Kilbride. It is strange, because our away form is really quite good.  

I think if we want to finish in the top 4, the home form needs to improve, especially as we have 9 home games left and only 6 away.

For this game i would like to see the following

Leighfield in goals. Martin just does not command his box and when a ball is played in behind no one seems to know what to do or just simply doesn't take charge. I would like Leighfield to get a run of games starting from now. 

In defence I would like to see a back three of Brownlie, Cameron and Fordyce who i thought was great at the weekend just a shame he had to go off, understandable as it was. I think we should employ Rooney and Mercer in a wing back role and let them get up the pitch. Rooney in particular was great to watch last weekend running at the thistle defence and I think he could do a great job again on Saturday. 

In midfield unfortunately Rankin alongside Joe Thompson. But please Rankin please use your feet they cant be any worse than your attempted headers. This might be controversial but Dykes in midfield but ahead of Rankin and Thompson. Last week he seemed to have a free role and i thought he had a good game breaking up play and using his pace to good effect. His shooting boots were missing though. 

Up front Fergusson and of course Dobbie. I thought Fergusson had a good game and deserves another go. Subs to bring on Stirling but much earlier. Beerman and Lyle if fit. 

19 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

For this game i would like to see the following

Leighfield in goals. Martin just does not command his box and when a ball is played in behind no one seems to know what to do or just simply doesn't take charge. I would like Leighfield to get a run of games starting from now. 

In defence I would like to see a back three of Brownlie, Cameron and Fordyce who i thought was great at the weekend just a shame he had to go off, understandable as it was. I think we should employ Rooney and Mercer in a wing back role and let them get up the pitch. Rooney in particular was great to watch last weekend running at the thistle defence and I think he could do a great job again on Saturday. 

In midfield unfortunately Rankin alongside Joe Thompson. But please Rankin please use your feet they cant be any worse than your attempted headers. This might be controversial but Dykes in midfield but ahead of Rankin and Thompson. Last week he seemed to have a free role and i thought he had a good game breaking up play and using his pace to good effect. His shooting boots were missing though. 
Up front Fergusson and of course Dobbie. I thought Fergusson had a good game and deserves another go. Subs to bring on Stirling but much earlier. Beerman and Lyle if fit. 

Rooney is suspended for this game.

Naughty Boy.

Archived