Scottish Junior Cup

.Stuart.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good win for Lochee through at Irvine Meadow. Very good competitive game between two fairly evenly matched sides I thought.

Agree with that. Pitch took a battering but both teams tried to play a bit.

Couple of good saves by the Lochee keeper in the first half, if one of them went in you just never know.

Decent crowd through from Dundee too. All the best in the next round.

Cheers.
Unlucky to hit the post in the second half at 0-1 aswell, if it goes to 1-1 then it’s a huge momentum shift playing at home. Dougie Cameron (stocky bald centre midfielder) was the difference in the second half I thought. Won everything and took a lot of pressure off the back four.
I suspect that’ll be as far as Lochee go but you never know.

Why do you say that thought it was a good game. Saying that the better team won.

Sauchie 0 - Hurlford 1

Brutal game, Hurlford won it without breaking sweat - Sauchie poor in the final third and unsure at the back, they could still be playing just now and they wouldn't have scored yet - had a lot of the ball  in the Hurlford half during the first half hour or so but I cant recall a shot on target until a powderpuff effort late in the game. Deserved winners.

Minded to stick those vuvuzelas where the sun didn't shine.

• Auchinleck 
  • Beith  
  • Carnoustie 
  • Lochee U 
  • Bo’ness
  • Rob Roy
  • Hurlford
  • Wishaw or Forth Wanderers  or Yoker

It's not too bad a line up for the quarters so far.  A decent split between East and West and big guns and minnows.  Hopefully we get as many east v west ties as possible.

It's fair to say most will be hoping for the winner of the Wishaw / Forth / Yoker saga at home. 

1 minute ago, Shanner said:
  • Auchinleck 
  • Beith  
  • Carnoustie 
  • Lochee U 
  • Bo’ness
  • Rob Roy
  • Hurlford
  • Wishaw or Forth Wanderers  

It's not too bad a line up for the quarters so far.  A decent split between East and West and big guns and minnows. 

It's fair to say most will be hoping for the winner of the Wishaw v Forth tie at home, hopefully that game gets played next week and we have a clean last 8 in time for the draw. 

Are you sure the winner of Wishaw and Forth go straight to quarters? I think they are a round behind.

Interesting results yesterday. 

Thought Bonnyrigg & Linlithgow would have progressed but fair play to Rob Roy & Beith. 

Auchinleck are clear favourites and are going to take a lot to stop. 

Think it’s likely to be an all west final but all 3 east teams have a chance if they can avoid one another 

Any idea when the 1/4 final draw is?

Interesting results yesterday. 
Thought Bonnyrigg & Linlithgow would have progressed but fair play to Rob Roy & Beith. 
Auchinleck are clear favourites and are going to take a lot to stop. 
Think it’s likely to be an all west final but all 3 east teams have a chance if they can avoid one another 
Any idea when the 1/4 final draw is?

Linlithgow should have progressed easy they let rob Roy off big time! Questions need to be asked has to why they played like a pub team after going 3-0 up! Give credit to rob Roy for not giving up though!

Was the guy wae the bell there today? Lol wonder if he had the bell when they were rock bottom of the Ayrshire for years lol

Actually he did. He just didn't have much cause to ring it. The bell has been at Blair Park since before I went to my first game in the late 60s. Guvy, the current incumbent, inherited it from his dad, who is long since gone.

Yesterday was the bell's second trip to Sauchie. It was there in 1972, although again it was probably fairly quiet as you sneaked a 6-0 victory against Davie Sneddon's side who won the Ayrshire League undefeated that season.

I have to add that the match summary by drs above was fair and refreshingly honest. We had a good day out and had a fair traveling support. I'm sure Sauchie enjoyed the bar takings as much as our troops enjoyed your hospitality.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

48 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

For anybody interested, Irvine Meadow v Lochee Utd (slightly biased) match report is under Junior match reports on this site and on Lochee Utd website.

Good to see one of the big East sides on their way back, great result.

Congratulations to kirkintilloch and a girfuy to linlithgow and the scumbag who booked a bus of 45 into our bowling club and gave a false mobile number to no show at a cost of several hundred pounds of catering and bar staff wages that we can ill afford when we had turned down a booking request for a childs birthday party due to your booking!

Archived