Scottish Junior Cup

.Stuart.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Homelessglasgow said:

Did anyone catch the Rossvale score yesterday? 

4 hours ago, lang said:

Lost 3 nil

0-3 was not as comfortable for Pollok as it might sound and Rossvale should be very pleased with their performance, if not with the result.

Lok had a makeshift defence due to suspension & injuries and a debutant keeper from u-19s (who was brilliant btw). Very powerful cold gusting wind too. 

Through the 1st 45 Rossvale facing downwind played good fast-paced passing football and pressed Lok very effectively when we were in possession. Lok took the lead in the last seconds of the first half though when Stuart McCann headed home his big bro Gary's cross, and Stefan McCluskey made it 2-0 straight from the start of the 2nd half! 

2 goals and 3 kickoffs in barely more than a minute of playing time must surely be some sort of a record? 

In the rest of the match with the wind at their backs Pollok were much more settled and self-assured though and a third goal seemed inevitable when Del Hepburn duly made it 3-0 some 20 mins later. Rossvale created several decent chances too but were either off target or if not keeper Scott Johnson was up to the task. 

Into the last 16 and we'll be up for whatever challenge is thrown our way next.

0-3 was not as comfortable for Pollok as it might sound and Rossvale should be very pleased with their performance, if not with the result.
Lok had a makeshift defence due to suspension & injuries and a debutant keeper from u-19s (who was brilliant btw). Very powerful cold gusting wind too. 
Through the 1st 45 Rossvale facing downwind played good fast-paced passing football and pressed Lok very effectively when we were in possession. Lok took the lead in the last seconds of the first half though when Stuart McCann headed home his big bro Gary's cross, and Stefan McCluskey made it 2-0 straight from the start of the 2nd half! 
2 goals and 3 kickoffs in barely more than a minute of playing time must surely be some sort of a record? 
In the rest of the match with the wind at their backs Pollok were much more settled and self-assured though and a third goal seemed inevitable when Del Hepburn duly made it 3-0 some 20 mins later. Rossvale created several decent chances too but were either off target or if not keeper Scott Johnson was up to the task. 
Some squad you're gathering btw. Should be an entertaining game next Saturday

Rubbish!!

I watched the game and without the whirling wind and poor conditions it would have been a lot more than the 3 nil scoreline!

Rossvale were clever and made Pollok play into the wind first. This allowed them a little breathing space in the first half, allowing them to knock the ball about a bit and get some chances without Pollok being able to press as much. Pollok did still however score at the end of the Half which really killed off any real chance of Rossvale ever getting anything out the game.

Second half different story. Straightforward win for Pollok in the end and could have been more.

15 minutes ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

Rubbish!!

I watched the game and without the whirling wind and poor conditions it would have been a lot more than the 3 nil scoreline!

Rossvale were clever and made Pollok play into the wind first. This allowed them a little breathing space in the first half, allowing them to knock the ball about a bit and get some chances without Pollok being able to press as much. Pollok did still however score at the end of the Half which really killed off any real chance of Rossvale ever getting anything out the game.

Second half different story. Straightforward win for Pollok in the end and could have been more.

I bow to the expertise of someone who clearly knows the game and especially my team so much better than I do.

I bow to the expertise of someone who clearly knows the game and especially my team so much better than I do.

Take it as a compliment. Rossvale tried hard, but were were never going to win the game.

Pollok too strong and were only delayed in their scoring due to the conditions they played against in the 1st half!

15 hours ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

Rubbish!!

PS. Pollok won the toss and decided to play that way

Heard it’s on the Peter & roughies show tomorrow nite stv2

Yes, but we've also got punters saying it's on Thursday night's show. You'd think if the draw was tomorrow or even Thursday then the SJFA would have told the world by now.

16 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Yes, but we've also got punters saying it's on Thursday night's show. You'd think if the draw was tomorrow or even Thursday then the SJFA would have told the world by now.

Unless............... On tomorrow nights show they announce that the draw will take place on Thursday night show!

Archived