• Created
  • Last Reply

3 Tennants
1 Fosters
1 McEwans
1 San Miguel
1 Amstel
And I believe one Guinness.

Not taken one for a while, I’ll have to grab a few for moving in with my girlfriend though.

Heverlee beer glass which I acquired from a hotel during a function. Whisky glass from the local pub/restaurant.

Stole a pasta plate from one of the Italian places just off George Street in my younger/daft days.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Indeed. Bit of distraction from a mate and the box was pilfered. Golden Wonder as well.

I got fed up of waiting to be served so leaned over and grabbed a bottle of Jim Beams many years ago. Very nice it was.

On 20/01/2018 at 12:59, PB 4.2 said:

Pint glasses with a big ol' handle are a thing of beauty.     They're normally fairly heavy and probably dearer to produce hence why they're not used in pubs anymore.  

Still the most common 'pint' glass in the Czech Republic. Two of our friends own a pub here and there are often giveaways of glasses at special events (football tournaments, brewery tours etc) so we've got a fair few in our flat. 

Started to rob pint glasses when I started to drink, have boxes of them up the old dears attic. Always make a point of getting some if abroad or over here if it's an interesting or unusual/ new design. Have some absolute crackers. Always gutted that I never managed to get a set of the tennants Scottish city ones, but the thought of drinking tennants, in places like Dundee and Stirling put me right off. And the thought of actually drinking tennants too for that matter.

Started to rob pint glasses when I started to drink, have boxes of them up the old dears attic. Always make a point of getting some if abroad or over here if it's an interesting or unusual/ new design. Have some absolute crackers. Always gutted that I never managed to get a set of the tennants Scottish city ones, but the thought of drinking tennants, in places like Dundee and Stirling put me right off. And the thought of actually drinking tennants too for that matter.

Scared to drink in Dundee [emoji1]

Have a few over the years. Scottish and Edinburgh tennents one. The newer tennents glass with the word embossed on the glass at the bottom.

Got a Menabrea one which is rather nice. A 250ml Tiger beer one also which is pretty smart. 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

So majority just take them rather than just ask for a glass they wanna take home?

You can't ask for a glass. Pubs can't be seen to be handing glasses out.

On the other hand pubs get them free from the brewery, as many as they want,and breweries don't care because it's free marketing.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yes you can ask , they can say no however but you can ask.
Politeness

I'm with you. Bars always end up short of the glasses they need because of theft, especially if it's a nice glass, and the barmen end getting abused by customers for getting served in the wrong glass, picky pointless wankers. If they aren't short of a particular glass they'll probably say ok, unless you're a c**t about it.

Archived