Stealing glasses from pubs

Only problem about glasses getting nicked is the wankers who insist of the correctly branded glass for their pint. Fancy lager glasses are the first to go.

Won't lie: I've previously said that I'll have a Stella on the condition it doesn't come in one of those goblet things. The frilly bit of paper added around the base of the handle would probably send me over the edge.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an extensive selection of nice pint glasses purloined from various drinking establishments.  I find in some places, if you're honest about it and shove a few quid in the tips jar as recompense for the glass you've just "smashed" they turn a blind eye.

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Only problem about glasses getting nicked is the wankers who insist of the correctly branded glass for their pint. Fancy lager glasses are the first to go.

I recently had a fine pint of Orkney Best.... served in a fucking Stella glass. 

I'm surprised the pint of Best didn't curdle in disgust. 

I heard they didn't use them in Scottish pubs (well, Glasgow..) because the handle made it easier to smack somebody in the face with the glass. But your explanation makes sense. 

The pint glass being used as a weapon was what I was always told.
The newer ones of similar design have no weight to them at all

I heard they didn't use them in Scottish pubs (well, Glasgow..) because the handle made it easier to smack somebody in the face with the glass. But your explanation makes sense. 

You can't stack them and they don't fit efficiently in the dishwasher either. That's why we got rid of them.

I've only got one nicked pint glass, i took it home while completely hammered with it half full of beer.  I put it in my fridge thinking I would drink it the the next day, seemed like a good idea at the time.

The next morning I took one sniff of the now stale beer in the glass and immediately tossed the old beer down the sink, still have the glass though.

Archived