Stealing glasses from pubs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lifted a Tennent’s glass up the road with me to catch the last train years ago. Still had beer in it so wasn’t a properly planned theft. 

The pub up the road from me gave away all their pint glasses when they closed for good a couple years ago. Think I ended up with about 7 or 8 different brands.

Abroad, I'll normally come home with a branded glass for the local beer - I normally just ask the bar staff if it's okay to take it and they're invariably cool with it.  I was over in Norway at a bar in Bergen and asked if I could keep a Ringnes glass - recommend the stuff btw - the barmaid told me to hold on while she dug out one of the place's logoed-up coffee mugs to take as well.

5 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Abroad, I'll normally come home with a branded glass for the local beer - I normally just ask the bar staff if it's okay to take it and they're invariably cool with it.  I was over in Norway at a bar in Bergen and asked if I could keep a Ringnes glass - recommend the stuff btw - the barmaid told me to hold on while she dug out one of the place's logoed-up coffee mugs to take as well.

Class.

Beer towels and mats also, my brother used to collect them 

I have seen a few collections of various beer mats that people have stuck to their wall which have been pretty cool so that gets a pass from me.

1 minute ago, PB 4.2 said:

Pint glasses with a big ol' handle are a thing of beauty.     They're normally fairly heavy and probably dearer to produce hence why they're not used in pubs anymore.  

I heard they didn't use them in Scottish pubs (well, Glasgow..) because the handle made it easier to smack somebody in the face with the glass. But your explanation makes sense. 

Archived