Games off 20/1/18

Bruno marsbar

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just heard Troon game 100% on. [emoji106]
100% off. I have a lot of sympathy for Troon, same happened to us a few years ago when we had a playable pitch but a blanket decision was taken to call everything off. After showing the game off on the website all afternoon, the West Region then tweet that all games are off, so on that basis we let our players know and cancel our buses. Some of our players then agree to take shifts tomorrow and the bus company reassign the drivers.

I read that Meadow were looking for volunteers to lift snow covers tomorrow morning but you can't ask anyone to travel in wintry conditions

Why? I’ve been working in the north of Glasgow all week this week. The roads are fine. Just go that wee bit slower and you’ll get there.

55 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

The real reason will be to make the fixture mans job Easier nxt eeek .... main roads will be  fine in Glasgow area  

Aye, should just have a kickabout in the street to get the fixtures played. Jumpers doon.  If your maw shouts you in you're out the game. 

13 hours ago, Shanner said:

The West Region Tweeted that all West league fixtures were off followed by another 20 mins later saying Irvine Vics  V Saltcoats was on pending a pitch inspection.

Quite impressive that they made an arse of that. 

Winton Park, Ardrossan at 8.30am this morning, yet the club were told last night that game is off. Pitch in perfect condition and weather fine.

IMG-20180120-WA0001.jpg

2 minutes ago, Rinty Doyle said:

Winton Park, Ardrossan at 8.30am this morning, yet the club were told last night that game is off. Pitch in perfect condition and weather fine.

IMG-20180120-WA0001.jpg

It's a shame as you could have had a good few neutrals in attendance today.

I'm  not really buying the angle that it's due to treacherous travel. They've let games go ahead in far worse.

Archived