Forfar 5 East Fife 4 - Help needed

Doing a bit of research for a magazine article I'm working on, so I'm appealing for any Forfar or East Fife fans who may have been at the famous 5-4 game at Station Park in 1964 or know someone who was (they'd be getting on a bit now right enough). Or, alternatively, knows anybody connected to the respective clubs with a good grasp on stats and history etc. or where to find it. All help gratefully received, if you can post in the thread or drop me a private message (if that's possible on here?). Cheers, Mark.

Indeed, the East Fife 4 Forfar 5 myth perpetuated - oddly - by a sketch  in The Two Ronnies and Eric Morecambe.....thanks for that email address Loondave1. Had already contacted the club directly with no reply.

No problem.

CLASSIC KNOWLEDGE: EAST FIFE 5 FORFAR 4

Has there ever been the Saturday night score announcer's all-time dream result: East Fife 5, Forfar 4? There's $20 riding on it," said Hugh McGinley.

Nearly but not quite. The Fifers visited Station Park during the 1963-64 campaign in the old Scottish Second Division and scored four. Sadly, their hosts still won, the final score being... Forfar 5, East Fife 4.

As far as I can trace, the only score line similar to this in matches between East Fife and Forfar was Forfar 5 East Fife 4 in a Division Two match on 22 April 1964. For the record, a crowd of 900 saw Aitken (2), Stewart and Wright score for the Fifers.

David Potter is sure to know far more about this match.

King Kebab, who posts on P&B, might be able to help. I'm sure he used to post on the now defunct East Fife forum Away From The Numbers. There was one person on there who was the East Fife historian. King Kebab will know him.

Archived