Old games involving your teams

.....playing against Killie.

This is not me promoting my YouTube channel as the page is not run by me (or anyone I know) but to try to encourage some more votes in my top 50 players of the 90s thread here are some games featuring your team against Kilmarnock.

Should be noted that, even though I’m sure the guy tries to find as many Killie wins as possible we are historically not very good at the game of football so not all of these will be defeats for your teams.

Some of the videos even have a few extras added in from the different football programmes on TV.

Here is Killie 2-2 Hearts from 1998

Killie lose 4-2 at Ibrox to the old club. Mark Hately is apparently offered the Kilmarnock job! (Don’t remember that) and Alex Totten makes up some pish about getting a big job abroad.

What was the view on Totten at the time from the older Kilmarnock fans? Was he on a hiding to nothing having to follow Tommy Burns and doomed from day 1?

23 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Tommy Coyne m'lord...

Coyne's goal from the April 94 game (saw a young me in the crowd shot at the start :) ) is/was one of my most fondly remembered goals as it qualified us for Europe by our league position for the first time. 

There must be *loads* of 'Well-Killie/Killie-'Well gannes out there given that both sides have been about in the top league for a while (even if it's only the 25 years for Killie...) Other than the ones above, the first game after it was announced we were going into admin at Rugby Park is one I remember fondly - great atmosphere in the 'Well end.  One of the worst games I've ever been at was a 0-0 New Years Day game at old Rugby Park...

Archived