What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

On 08/02/2018 at 13:40, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hibernian depluralised themselves after the demise of Hibernians

Not really tinpot, but every year one British media outlet (usually BBC Sport) seems to think that Hibernians of Malta is Hibs, so they always put "Hibs face Red Star Belgrade in Champions League Qualifier" or whoever in the headline.

Quite amusing imo

Sorry all. Lesson learned: P&B is NOT the place to discuss the bizarre derivation of a brand name from 150 years ago. Oh well, back to the YouTube comment section I go...

PS the most tin pot thing in Scottish Football will always be the supremely naff Scotsport theme tune. It's the musical equivalent of someone shrugging and saying: "This'll do I suppose." And there was a period in the early 2000s where it sounded as if the drums were possibly being played on an actual tin pot.

Last time I was at Stark's was about 12-13 years ago. Scottish Cup game. I missed the first ten mins of the game as there were only two turnstiles open (and a big queue behind, right down the hill, hopefully they made it by half time). At half time there was a single (yep, just the one) stall open, and the queue was like one of those snake toys you got in the 80's, all double and tripled round and two wee frightened lassies trying to do their best at the counter.

I concur, I too was at that game and that was the Tin Pottiest football experience ever. Thankfully Raith Rovers have never materialised in the big league since.

8 hours ago, Double Drag Back said:

Sorry all. Lesson learned: P&B is NOT the place to discuss the bizarre derivation of a brand name from 150 years ago. Oh well, back to the YouTube comment section I go...

PS the most tin pot thing in Scottish Football will always be the supremely naff Scotsport theme tune. It's the musical equivalent of someone shrugging and saying: "This'll do I suppose." And there was a period in the early 2000s where it sounded as if the drums were possibly being played on an actual tin pot.

As opposed to this absolute gem:

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

It's funny to see the extent to which other sports featured then too.

What was that about?

I remember they did that for years to justify the 'sportscene' title. Thinking back it was almost as if tv stations would make it as hard as possible to watch football, there was so little on.

i remember sportscene once also showing American basketball as well.. the Boston celtics, obviously

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I remember they did that for years to justify the 'sportscene' title. Thinking back it was almost as if tv stations would make it as hard as possible to watch football, there was so little on.

i remember sportscene once also showing American basketball as well.. the Boston celtics, obviously

I kind of associated that more with Scotsport.  I remember them featuring curling, indoor hockey and all manner of rubbish.

I thought it was more token than anything on Sportscene, but the opening titles there suggest it was more than that.  I do recall the odd shinty game where the goalkeeper appeared to be wearing jeans and a jumper.

Hilariously, there's a Hamilton fan who is going around red dotting absolutely everything that identifies Accies as being tinpot.  So much rage, so little self-awareness.

The slightest element on self-awareness would tell him that all clubs in the Premiership demonstrate tinpottedness.  

"What's the most tinpotted thing you've ever seen your own club do"  would return the same events, but wouldn't be quite as much fun.  I guess if you're twelve, your own club can do no wrong.

Noticed this on Monday... shades of "Darren Mackie: Reading Champion"?

It seems unrelated to the subject - and just thrown in there as if reading a book, like starting a fashion line, is very unusual and left-field :lol:!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42952725

Partick Thistle's Abdul Osman fashions brand to reflect his injury woe

Partick Thistle captain Abdul Osman found his first major injury absence so tough he launched a fashion range with the slogan "It's not easy".

"Our keeper, Tomas Cerny, reads books and I thought, 'I like my fashion, so why not try something new?'"
Edited by HibeeJibee