What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Pie And Bovril as a meal/blog name is surely about as Tin Pot as it gets?

But here's the weird thing...

...The word 'vril' comes from a 19th century book entitled: The Coming Race. It deals with a lot of at-the-time fashionably esoteric mumbo jumbo where vril is considered an inner energy source - similar to chi in Eastern philosophy. Hence the drink being called: Bo[bovine]vril[energy].

Funny thing too is that many prominent Nazis were into this idea and proper conspiracy nutters think that they developed flying saucers that went to Mars using vril energy.

I'll leave you all to do your own research into this and whilst some of the more outlandish claims for vril are a wee bit out there it doesn't change the fact that every time I pop onto this blog I think about Nazi wonder weapons. 

12 minutes ago, Double Drag Back said:

...The word 'vril' comes from a 19th century book entitled: The Coming Race. It deals with a lot of at-the-time fashionably esoteric mumbo jumbo where vril is considered an inner energy source - similar to chi in Eastern philosophy. Hence the drink being called: Bo[bovine]vril[energy].

Funny thing too is that many prominent Nazis were into this idea and proper conspiracy nutters think that they developed flying saucers that went to Mars using vril energy.

I'll leave you all to do your own research into this and whilst some of the more outlandish claims for vril are a wee bit out there it doesn't change the fact that every time I pop onto this blog I think about Nazi wonder weapons. 

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT0xeLtagRGSfsADFS/giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, Double Drag Back said:

353226.gif.1965ad4bdb5ffe3c278ead73d9624404.gif

2 hours ago, Double Drag Back said:

it doesn't change the fact that every time I pop onto this blog I think about Nazi wonder weapons. 

We're more into Muslamic ray guns on here tbh mate.

52 minutes ago, thekorean said:

Celtic The Musical

on a similar theme there was a play about the history of Hibs on at the Festival once. Russell Hunter was meant to be the lead star but he took a thespian strop and pulled out. This lead to the understudy taking his place but he was under rehearsed. So when I went to watch the play the main character was reading from the script on stage.. 

7 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

I remember some Rangers fan page on Facebook posting this as a slant against the standard of Scottish football. I don’t think it was long after they played Albion Rovers at home in the Scottish Cup, spending the entire game lumping the ball up to Jon Daly.

Crikey, that was embarrassing. Was that the time the chairman was on the radio complaining about the game not being called off 'cos you never had a goalie?
Did Ryan Stevenson not play in goal for the whole match?
Riddy.

Yea that was the one, half the world had Ayr to score both half’s but it was 1-0 bookies must have loved us that day.

Ryan Stevenson - not his greatest fan for obvious reasons - and Ayr only putting one past him? Our seaside friends are seeming more tinpot than the mighty Raith here TBF.

I’m sure like the rest of us they’d be able to make a tin pot list. There’s certainly enough in Scottish football history.