What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

6 hours ago, red23 said:

I'd say the Scottish premier league and SFA trying to bend all sort of rules to get Rangers in to the top division being pretty tin pot, I no longer go to games as a result. The games a bogey.

Closely followed by the SFL trying to get them in the 1st.

23 hours ago, Enigma said:

As of next season... ‘colt’ teams.

Celtic would have to have a Colt, Colt team due to them playing in the UEFA Youth League.

They are miles behind in terms of games played in the Development League so guarantees would have to be in place to ensure the fixtures aren't fucked up.

Our keeper Graeme Smith turning up at Ochilview when we were playing Stenny at Glebe Park.

Aberdeen having to play a striker in goal for 87+ mins of a national cup final.

Although it's not actually SPFL, Leighton having to get subbed for Scotland when he lost a contact lens, not so much for that alone, but combined with the fact that Alex Ferguson (his Aberdeen manager and Scotland assistant manager at the time) never knew he needed them or specs. Supposedly Fergie was absolutely f***ing raging.

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Peter & Roughie's Football Show.

All that's missing is the camcorder's date/time in the bottom corner of the screen.

The Saturday Sportscene lunchtime TV programme presented by Jim Craig and Derek Johnstone in circa 1990, surely deserves a mention. 

They had a prediction board featuring Craig's crackers and Johnstone's gems.  Everyone who saw it wanted to die.

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Peter & Roughie's Football Show.

All that's missing is the camcorder's date/time in the bottom corner of the screen.

I have never watched that.

The trailers are enough to convince me it will be absolute cack.

It's getting moved from STV 2 to 8.00 pm Friday nights on main STV.

I still don't intend to watch. It strikes me as the sort of thing you would take a long time to recover from seeing.

6 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

I have never watched that.

The trailers are enough to convince me it will be absolute cack.

It's getting moved from STV 2 to 8.00 pm Friday nights on main STV.

I still don't intend to watch. It strikes me as the sort of thing you would take a long time to recover from seeing.

I've watched it only a few times but if it's moving channels it'll scare the shit out of folk watching it in HD.

13 hours ago, 7-2 said:

No, no, never. It won't happened.  It's tinfoil hat stuff to think that'd be allowed. etc etc. The amount of naive, blinkered fans in Scottish football is killing the game.

Bang on. I remember in a thread about the challenge cup allowing colts teams in arguing that it was a bad thing as it was a way of eventually sneaking teams into the league. The response was exactly as you say no chance, never happen.

If that article is genuine, it basically tells us that the old firm are willing to bribe their colt teams into the league.  They guarantee a minimum of 250 away fans at £10 per head. They would play all fixtures away from home during the two year pilot. They know clubs at that level are tight for cash and would find it hard to turn it down.

So, basically, buy your way in then once you're in you're in, they're not going to be kicked out. A year further on any benefits the other clubs have received are gradually eroded, hibs hearts and Aberdeen want a piece of the action and one by one more of the wee teams slide out of the league set up and into oblivion.

It stinks. I'd hope fans of all clubs threaten a massive boycott of all Scottish league games next season if this goes ahead.