SNP PPB

Colkitto

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose if you're going to rip anything off, Python's as acceptable as any. The party's missed a trick by not co-opting the "getting on with the day job" thing as a new motto, though. Ruth would be most displeased.

Well, until the Scots Tories bring out a "this referendum is dead, this is an ex-referendum" skit.

You could argue its possibly a bit tasteless, possibly ; but Jesus Christ, what a fuss about absolutely nothing.

A big, bold journalist who nearly every time he writes an article is critical of SNP is the butt of a cheesy PBB  and it's got fish eyes Cole-Hamilton seething and wasting the public's time by writing to OFCOM cos his best pal Torrance sprays some beer on himself in an advert that no one would've really seen - apart from the over 500k viewers today.

On 19 January 2018 at 19:37, bob the tank said:

Not as embarrassing as still not paying the liberals £800000 Police Scotland bill from years ago

hee hee, remember that.

Cops with machine guns and helicopters flying overhead as though Putin and Trump had arrived at the same time. Three years later same venue same LibDems. Place was windswept, no cops to be seen for miles. Classic.

I’d have never thought the guy was meant to be David Torrance until the Lib Dem Irrelevance started his shite.

I just thought he was meant to be the hosts cousin that only gets invited because they feel sorry for him.

I’d have never thought the guy was meant to be David Torrance until the Lib Dem Irrelevance started his shite.

I just thought he was meant to be the hosts cousin that only gets invited because they feel sorry for him.
Me too in fairness. Just thought it showed how inclusive and diverse SNP members are by inviting a Tory twat to the party

Me too in fairness. Just thought it showed how inclusive and diverse SNP members are by inviting a Tory twat to the party

Torrance was giving a talk to the Glasgow Uni Tory society on Friday so this doesn’t count against it being a pop at him.

I'm sure the party cousin was at the event too.

I was gonna pop in but then I remembered that I’d rather walk into oncoming traffic. You have to give Torrance some credit tbh, he’s a hack writer that’s tried to to enter the same field of Scottish history as genuine experts like Richard Finlay, Catriona MacDonald and Tom Devine but is way out of his depth so just spends all day moaning about the SNP to stay relevant.

1. It probably was meant to take the piss out of David Torrance.

2. It's not actually a very good attempt at taking the piss out of David Torrance.

3. It doesn't actually seem to have bothered David Torrance that much.

4. The reaction to it by a handful of politicians, and one in particular has been complete and utter cringe. Like, looney bin cringe.

5. The broadcast itself is actually really shit; it sets up a blatant straw man of what political opponents (of varying stripes) actually criticise about the record of the Scottish Government from 2007 to the present.

6. The real problem people should have with the broadcast is the pious way it attempts to imply that support for the SNP, and an assessment of their record in government, is somehow "not political". It shows a chronic lack of self-awareness to complain that "Davey" is always "banging on about politics" while you're literally in a kitchen with yellow and black balloons and setting up 10-15 actors to, quite literally, lecture/hector someone they disagree with, about politics.

Which all leads to the final point

7. Absolutely nobody's mind will have been changed by that broadcast. It will have fired up and enthused people who already vote SNP to continue to do so, and it will have alienated those who don't vote for them with its patronnising and pious tone.

1. It probably was meant to take the piss out of David Torrance.
2. It's not actually a very good attempt at taking the piss out of David Torrance.
3. It doesn't actually seem to have bothered David Torrance that much.
4. The reaction to it by a handful of politicians, and one in particular has been complete and utter cringe. Like, looney bin cringe.
5. The broadcast itself is actually really shit; it sets up a blatant straw man of what political opponents (of varying stripes) actually criticise about the record of the Scottish Government from 2007 to the present.
6. The real problem people should have with the broadcast is the pious way it attempts to imply that support for the SNP, and an assessment of their record in government, is somehow "not political". It shows a chronic lack of self-awareness to complain that "Davey" is always "banging on about politics" while you're literally in a kitchen with yellow and black balloons and setting up 10-15 actors to, quite literally, lecture/hector someone they disagree with, about politics.
Which all leads to the final point
7. Absolutely nobody's mind will have been changed by that broadcast. It will have fired up and enthused people who already vote SNP to continue to do so, and it will have alienated those who don't vote for them with its patronnising and pious tone.

Yes I quite agree I long for the non patronising and pious broadcasts like the better together lady etc.

23 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes I quite agree I long for the non patronising and pious broadcasts like the better together lady etc.

This broadcast basically is the SNP's "shut up and eat your cereal". That was precisely my point.

This broadcast basically is the SNP's "shut up and eat your cereal". That was precisely my point.

Nah, im going to disagree with you there. SNP are constantly attacked by the media and opposition parties always giving it the ‘get on with the day job’ patter. I think the broadcast was a fair enough reminder that despite all the shite flung from the yoon parties they have been doing pretty well and have achieved a lot. Had they been on the receiving end of impartial media coverage and the snpbad cult hadn’t taken place I could almost agree with you. David Torrance et al are utterly obsessed with deriding and shouting over the SNP and I think its a pretty reasonable response.

Archived