Bo'ness history - Help required

Jambo'ness

I've been compiling a Bo'ness United archive for some time and hope to have it online soon.

However, there are missing scores through their history and I'm looking for help from anyone that can supply any of the following for the matches listed: results, teams, scorers & date would all be gratefully received.

All league games

46/7  : Bathgate, Dalkeith (11/6), Stoneyburn - all away

53/4 : West Calder - home 

61/2 : Broxburn - home

62/3 : Bathgate - away (24/4?)

65/6 : Bonnybridge, West Calder - both away

71/2 : Whitburn - away

72/3 : Sauchie - away

74/5 : Haddington - away

76/7 : Penicuik - home

78/9 : Livingston Utd (22/5?) - home

80/1 : Tranent- home, Sauchie - away

83/4 : Fauldhouse (4/6?) - away

84/5 : Haddington - home, Whitburn (1/5?) - away

85/6 : Bonnyrigg (1/5?) - away

86/7 : Fauldhouse (8/4) - home

87/8 : Edinburgh Utd (28/4?) - home.  Bonnyrigg (17/5?), Whitburn (19/5?), Arniston (25/5) - all away

88/9 : Whitburn (12/4?) - home

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

46/7  : Bathgate,   19/06/47  Bathgate 4 Bo'ness 4

62/3 : Bathgate - away (24/4?)   24/04/62 Bathgate 3 Bo'ness 0

74/5 : Haddington - away   12/12/74  Haddington 0 Bo'ness 0

84/5 : Haddington - home,  08/05/85  Bo'ness 6 Haddington 1

Info came from Ian Anderson's history of Bathgate Thistle, and Tom Thornton's history of Haddington

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

84/5 : Haddington - home,  08/05/85  Bo'ness 6 Haddington 1

Info came from Ian Anderson's history of Bathgate Thistle, and Tom Thornton's history of Haddington

Thanks Burnie_man! Every bit helps.

6 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

I've been compiling a Bo'ness United archive for some time and hope to have it online soon.

However, there are missing scores through their history and I'm looking for help from anyone that can supply any of the following for the matches listed: results, teams, scorers & date would all be gratefully received.

All league games

46/7  : Bathgate, Dalkeith (11/6), Stoneyburn - all away

53/4 : West Calder - home 

61/2 : Broxburn - home

62/3 : Bathgate - away (24/4?)

65/6 : Bonnybridge, West Calder - both away

71/2 : Whitburn - away

72/3 : Sauchie - away

74/5 : Haddington - away

76/7 : Penicuik - home 11/05 77  0-0

78/9 : Livingston Utd (22/5?) - home 3-0 BU Reid Masterton Logan

80/1 : Tranent- home,  29/04/81 2-1 BU Finlayson Murray Sauchie - away 07/05/81 1-0 BU Wilkes

83/4 : Fauldhouse (4/6?) - away

84/5 : Haddington - home, Whitburn (1/5?) - away 1-1 Hamilton

85/6 : Bonnyrigg (1/5?) - away 0-0

86/7 : Fauldhouse (8/4) - home

87/8 : Edinburgh Utd (28/4?) - home.  3-3 McLennan Cheape Shields Bonnyrigg (17/5?),  5-2 Bonnyrigg Cheape Shields Whitburn (19/5?), 7-2 Whitburn Baillie Trialist                         Arniston (25/5) - all away 2-2 McLennan 2

88/9 : Whitburn (12/4?) - home 3-0 Whitburn

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

84/5 : Haddington - home,  08/05/85  Bo'ness 6 Haddington 1 Hamilton 2 Dunn 2 Fairley Beaton

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I might need your help on a couple of results, I'll post them here later.

In fact, no.  I thought I was missing a result for New Blackburn Athletic against Bo'ness, but its against other teams.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

This is a magic idea [mention]Jambo’ness[/mention] Is it something you’re doing just out of your own interest or do you plan to have it published or online or something?

Started out just out of interest but as the club will be 75 years old in 2020, the time was right to get the history down.

Not being done for personal gain.

Full stats, including dates, matches, Bo'ness Scorers and team will be available online in the coming months.  Also a full as can be list of players who have worn the jersey in a competitive game.

I will be looking for more info over the weeks ahead, particularly regarding player forenames and which club we signed from.

Started out just out of interest but as the club will be 75 years old in 2020, the time was right to get the history down.

Not being done for personal gain.

Full stats, including dates, matches, Bo'ness Scorers and team will be available online in the coming months.  Also a full as can be list of players who have worn the jersey in a competitive game.

I will be looking for more info over the weeks ahead, particularly regarding player forenames and which club we signed from.

Brilliant, look forward to seeing this. [emoji122]

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a couple of cup results now.

First is from 68/9, an R L Rae Cup, round 3, 2nd replay on 21/5/69 against Linlithgow.   All I know is Bo'ness won as they appeared in the Final that year.

Second one is a Brown Cup 2nd round replay on against Haddington, scheduled date 8/1/77.  Again, Bo'ness won as they reached the semis that year.

Grateful for any help.

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Second one is a Brown Cup 2nd round replay on against Haddington, scheduled date 8/1/77.  Again, Bo'ness won as they reached the semis that year.

Grateful for any help.

Bo'ness won the replay 1-0

1 minute ago, sevesnape said:

Really looking forward to seeing this when it;s finished.  Good work Jambo.

Going to be available on the Club's Official website.

I've gleaned everything possible from the local paper, from 1945 to 1969 and now working on match line-ups after that.  Given myself extra work as I'd already got scores and scorers up to date but hadn't originally bothered with line-ups.

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Going to be available on the Club's Official website.

I've gleaned everything possible from the local paper, from 1945 to 1969 and now working on match line-ups after that.  Given myself extra work as I'd already got scores and scorers up to date but hadn't originally bothered with line-ups.

A fantastic thing to do.  The history of our great club shouldn't be lost.

• 2 months later...

Looking for some info from the early 70's now.

70/71 and it's player info.  Forenames are required for the following players: McGlynn & Sullivan.  The latter also played the following season.  Any info on previous and future clubs would be great too.

Archived