Games this weekend

Kilsyth Coyle

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweeping 3G parks ruins them does it not? You need a proper machine to do it without damaging the park.

Can't see any games on any surface being on this weekend. There's more snow forecast tomorrow and there's not enough rain or a high enough temperature forecast to clear it by Saturday.

Any info on Cumnock tie appreciated as I plan to travel from Fife?

The park could well be playable after they say they have brushed it. There was 5 inches of snow on it yesterday and that's a load of snow to clear.My thing is where do they put the snow as the playing surface is surrounded by a 3 foot brick wall.Not much room there. Also Townhead street is not a main road and is not main priority to council gritters.Its not my shout but I would be surprised if it's on, not due to the playing surface but the surrounding streets are still under a lot of snow

In the type of situation presently being faced, the decision making process with regard to the use of the 3G playing surface at the Dem-master Community Stadium will naturally reside with the board of the Blackburn United Community Football Club and not solely with the Juniors committee. Accordingly, advice is currently being sought and taken on the best course of action with regard to the almost 6 inches of snow covering the pitch and, indeed, the immediate environs. Taking this and the short to medium range weather forecast into account, the Community Club board will then make the decision on the best course of action not only for this game but for the integrity of the 3G surface thereafter. The call for volunteers that you mention was made by a well meaning supporter but this is on hold for the time being.  

Game aff then [emoji34]

1 hour ago, Crazy Feet said:

Sweeping 3G parks ruins them does it not? You need a proper machine to do it without damaging the park.

Can't see any games on any surface being on this weekend. There's more snow forecast tomorrow and there's not enough rain or a high enough temperature forecast to clear it by Saturday.

What yo do is get an advertisement board and tie it to a car. .......

What yo do is get an advertisement board and tie it to a car. .......
One of the previous complex managers at Petershill Park almost got his jotters after clearing the pitch by tying the big brush for sweeping the park onto the back of his car. Tbf it did clear the snow, but also lifted most of the rubber crumb out of the surface.

2 hours ago, naetshirt said:
5 hours ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:
What about Cumnock on the 3G pitch. Can it not be brushed and cleared??

Any info on Cumnock tie appreciated as I plan to travel from Fife?

Townhead is closed again today heavy covering of snow, if you check Twitter via @  CJCEnterprise they look after the park and give regular updates

Archived