Games this weekend

Kilsyth Coyle

That’s encouraging Stuart, looking forward to it

Dont want to out dampeners on but to be raining all day tomorrow and possible sleet / snow. Ourselves and Troon will have best chances of grass pitches being on in West / East Juniors though. Fingers crossed though game goes ahead!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Dont want to out dampeners on but to be raining all day tomorrow and possible sleet / snow. Ourselves and Troon will have best chances of grass pitches being on in West / East Juniors though. Fingers crossed though game goes ahead!

Both Irvine sides have got home games, so I guess Irvine Vics should be added to your shortlist of possible surviving grass pitches? 

Word from Troon is that the pitch was playable today, but it all depends what happens between now and Saturday morning.

Townhead is closed again today heavy covering of snow, if you check Twitter via @  CJCEnterprise they look after the park and give regular updates

It's ta'n me long enough to get going with this app without tryin Twitter!! With forecast this morning think travelling m77 etc makes it a no go. Just have to hope games aff and get down in better weather.

You did well to get a referee out early on a Friday morning 

Council park mate.

They put it off ... it got turned up during match last Saturday and weather been too poor to get on it and try and fix it... hence they called this morning and told me .. Game Off... Unplayable... [emoji460]️[emoji51]

Think a wee bit of common sense should apply today - I get the whole thing about waiting till the last possible minute to try to get a game on but I am confident of making the following prediction - there will be no Junior games in Glasgow tomorrow - ZERO. That includes 3G parks. Please no Sean batty observations.

My point is not about forecasting the weather - it is about giving people as much notice as possible to plan/replan their Saturday. Our game (St Roch's v Neilston) has no chance of being on - will check park this afternoon and again tomorrow morning to be absolutely sure - Petershill Park is 5 minutes walk from us and 3G and I am will to wager has ZERO chance of being on.

Should we not be letting fans etc know at the earliest possible convenience instead of the hope against hope until the 10am announcent tomorrow morning. Yes we need to get figtures played but common sense approach would allow hundreds, maybe thousands of punters across the city the chance to make other plans - maybe even travel doon the water to watch a game that makes it.

Maybe quite right to send out those dampeners Shannon. Certainly the weather through here in the east wasn’t great overnight. Fingers crossed we get lucky, I assume after all your postponements in the previous round you will be desperate to get the game on.

49 minutes ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Think a wee bit of common sense should apply today - I get the whole thing about waiting till the last possible minute to try to get a game on but I am confident of making the following prediction - there will be no Junior games in Glasgow tomorrow - ZERO. That includes 3G parks. Please no Sean batty observations.

My point is not about forecasting the weather - it is about giving people as much notice as possible to plan/replan their Saturday. Our game (St Roch's v Neilston) has no chance of being on - Petershill Park is 5 minutes walk from us and 3G and I am will to wager has ZERO chance of being on.

Should we not be letting fans etc know at the earliest possible convenience instead of the hope against hope until the 10am announcent tomorrow morning. Yes we need to get figtures played but common sense approach would allow hundreds, maybe thousands of punters across the city the chance to make other plans - maybe even travel doon the water to watch a game that makes it.

Totally right - it's fair enough to wait till the last minute to give 50/50 pitches a chance, but there are instances - like this week - when it's blatantly obvious games won't be on and there shouldn't be any harm in calling them off early.

Us, for instance - we'll still need to go through the formalities tomorrow, but in common with every other pitch in the Glasgow area, I'm 99.99% sure the game will be off.

Archived