The "Old Photos" thread

Dindeleux

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Anyone else get these at school?  A bag o' milk.

1971+milk+sachet.jpg

We use to get this in 1/3 pint bottles, especially in the summer. Only good thing Thatcher did stopping the torture.

glass-bottle-of-sour-milk-B27640.jpg

5 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

FB_IMG_1516212443608.jpg

Picture of a Tar works explosion in the Falkirk/Camelon area in 1973. Love the expression of the guy sitting on the pipes as the barrels fire past him.

Did the photographer survive? Steady hand in the circumstances.

1 hour ago, Black Dug said:

FB_IMG_1481532125821.jpg

Back when Grangemouth was... Erm.. 'glamorous' and had an airport.

Always think it’s mental that Grangemouth had an airport. That ugly industrial estate is all that’s ever been there in my lifetime. Well, until they put that plane on a plinth next to the roadside a few years back.

Always think it’s mental that Grangemouth had an airport. That ugly industrial estate is all that’s ever been there in my lifetime. Well, until they put that plane on a plinth next to the roadside a few years back.

It looks like a cool Art-deco building as well.

Both the large hangars are still there.

Inspired by an earlier beer mat post. Old uncle died this week. Dealing with his stuff, on his coffee table he’s got a few cardboard beer mat / coaster things. He spent many years working at BP Grangemouth.

Now, please bear in mind that these things have an average life expectancy of about a day and a half in the average boozer....

I give you the 42 year old beer mat....

IMG_1516226920.509493.jpg

What are the hangers used as today and who by, do you know? I’d guess they’re probably just warehouses.

Found this one as well:

image.jpg

Oran had at least one of them (the one closest to the BP garage is) for a recycling processing plant. But haven't been down that way for a while.

Oran had at least one of them (the one closest to the BP garage is) for a recycling processing plant. But haven't been down that way for a while.

Oh aye, totally forgot about Oran having one of them, haven’t been down that way for a while either. Not sure how I forgot cos the rancid stench off that site was unforgettable!

Archived