Kilmarnock v Ross County

2 hours ago, Fide said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this is interesting from Kickback from when Gardyne was subbed:

" Today Gardyne seemed to be getting him self all worked up and when he came off (I sit behind the dugout) he was calling over to Dom Thomas saying "This is fitba now" which was obviously a snide remark at Coyle's managerial style. And later turned around to us and said "Has he [Coyle] been doing your nut in all game" referring to his constant shouting of "STOP THE CROSS", "GET OUT", Etc. "

Trouble in Dingwall?

I've heard folk talking about Jim O'Brien. Michael Gardyne and...someone else, I forget who, doing something daft and Owen Coyle over-reacting but I can't remember any of the context. And there's at least a 5% chance I made up the whole conversation in a daydream or something.

Anyway, fucking shocker that we bottled it at the end of the game, again. Sure, the penalty was a dreadful decision, but it's a real ever present part of County games, losing goals in the last 10 minutes. We really need to bring in a defender who can last the duration.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is Bobby Madden allowed near a football field? He looked like a competition winner out there who got a new whistle for Christmas.

Particular highlight was the Killie free kick in the 1st half where Effiong, standing in the way of the ball two yards away, sticks a leg out and blocks the kick deflecting it into a County attack.

Madden waves play on.

Just now, killienick said:

How is Bobby Madden allowed near a football field? He looked like a competition winner out there who got a new whistle for Christmas.

Particular highlight was the Killie free kick in the 1st half where Effiong, standing in the way of the ball two yards away, sticks a leg out and blocks the kick deflecting it into a County attack.

Madden waves play on.

And then went to speak to Effiong afterwards, so he obviously took issue with it (which makes it a bit more baffling).

Disappointed to go out of the cup particularly in those circumstances (I've not seen replays but most folk appear to think that it was a very soft penalty?) but I'm not overly discouraged. Two teams that both looked like they'd just had a 3 week break - not one for the purists and no real excitement of note, a draw would have been the right result.

Good to see Draper and O'Brien back in the team. Routis looked alright at centre-back again, I'd keep him there. Effiong showed glimpses of promise and once he gets up to speed and fitness I think he'll be a good player. McKay was frustratingly anonymous for the most part but I'm not quite sure where he was playing. McCarey once more showed that he's a significantly better goalkeeper than Fox when it comes to commanding the area at corners.

Obviously a defeat isn't great and I suspect OTB is full of  "Coyle out now" posts but I see elements of promise there. No matter what, there needs to be a serious overhaul in personnel at the end of the season. There's plenty of players who I wouldn't be fussed about seeing leave.

And then went to speak to Effiong afterwards, so he obviously took issue with it (which makes it a bit more baffling).
Disappointed to go out of the cup particularly in those circumstances (I've not seen replays but most folk appear to think that it was a very soft penalty?) but I'm not overly discouraged. Two teams that both looked like they'd just had a 3 week break - not one for the purists and no real excitement of note, a draw would have been the right result.
Good to see Draper and O'Brien back in the team. Routis looked alright at centre-back again, I'd keep him there. Effiong showed glimpses of promise and once he gets up to speed and fitness I think he'll be a good player. McKay was frustratingly anonymous for the most part but I'm not quite sure where he was playing. McCarey once more showed that he's a significantly better goalkeeper than Fox when it comes to commanding the area at corners.
Obviously a defeat isn't great and I suspect OTB is full of  "Coyle out now" posts but I see elements of promise there. No matter what, there needs to be a serious overhaul in personnel at the end of the season. There's plenty of players who I wouldn't be fussed about seeing leave.
It was never a pen but that seemed standard for the game as free kicks were a lottery all day. I was down the other end so can't say for sure but people I know say your shot was over the line at the end.

The game itself wasn't exactly full of cup romance but I'm happy to be in the hat and hoping for a pop at our unwashed cousins.

2 hours ago, yoda said:

OTB seems to just exist to be a self-parody of the average team fan forum, everything is black or white, best thing ever or total disaster sack the manager panty wetters with no room in between for "positive signs".

Archived