Kilmarnock v Ross County

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't argue with our ability to get results. Thought we were poor today but we keep the run going. 

Very uneventful game where we treated the ball like a hot potato in and around the half way line. Players awful keen to get it out from their feet for some reason. Lack of composure which meant almost no chances at goal, short of desperate strikes from distance. 

It was helped by County looking for the draw and replay second half. Meant they were almost never in our half and we could just try to work a way through. Took us long enough, but the ball over top was clever and Rory did well to chase on and keep it alive. Think his attempts to stay on his feet actually helped win the penalty. 

Glad to see Erwin getting a goal, hopefully can push on. 

Surely we're due an exciting, away from home, lower league draw in the cup?!

Can't argue with our ability to get results. Thought we were poor today but we keep the run going. 
Very uneventful game where we treated the ball like a hot potato in and around the half way line. Players awful keen to get it out from their feet for some reason. Lack of composure which meant almost no chances at goal, short of desperate strikes from distance. 
It was helped by County looking for the draw and replay second half. Meant they were almost never in our half and we could just try to work a way through. Took us long enough, but the ball over top was clever and Rory did well to chase on and keep it alive. Think his attempts to stay on his feet actually helped win the penalty. 
Glad to see Erwin getting a goal, hopefully can push on. 
Surely we're due an exciting, away from home, lower league draw in the cup?!

Fraserburgh.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this is interesting from Kickback from when Gardyne was subbed:

" Today Gardyne seemed to be getting him self all worked up and when he came off (I sit behind the dugout) he was calling over to Dom Thomas saying "This is fitba now" which was obviously a snide remark at Coyle's managerial style. And later turned around to us and said "Has he [Coyle] been doing your nut in all game" referring to his constant shouting of "STOP THE CROSS", "GET OUT", Etc. "

Trouble in Dingwall?

59 minutes ago, Fide said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this is interesting from Kickback from when Gardyne was subbed:

" Today Gardyne seemed to be getting him self all worked up and when he came off (I sit behind the dugout) he was calling over to Dom Thomas saying "This is fitba now" which was obviously a snide remark at Coyle's managerial style. And later turned around to us and said "Has he [Coyle] been doing your nut in all game" referring to his constant shouting of "STOP THE CROSS", "GET OUT", Etc. "

Trouble in Dingwall?

Ever since Coyle arrived imo

Trouble in Dingwall?

Makes sense as I was surprised by how little football county appeared to play, and how niggly a team they were.

Which is in contrast to how I've previously seen them play and have been impressed with.

I just put it down to both teams being a bit rusty post break as I thought we were also poor in contrast to the form in the run up to the winter break.

Archived