Kilmarnock v Ross County

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though it’s getting on for 20 years ago I remember when Bobby Williamson had a regular top 4 team for a few years around 2000 and it seemed like every winter break absolutely fucked our form.

10 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Even though it’s getting on for 20 years ago I remember when Bobby Williamson had a regular top 4 team for a few years around 2000 and it seemed like every winter break absolutely fucked our form.

Especially 98/99. We were flying, could have gone into the break top of the league had we beat Rangers at Ibrox before the split (lost 1-0) and then finished 4th.

I really, really, really need the football to hurry up! I missed the Partick, Motherwell and Sevco games as I was studying for exams and gave my ST away so not only have I not seen a game for a while but I haven't seen us win at home for ever. St Johnstone away is my last game and it feels like an eternity!

27 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

Anyone who travels from the Highlands for this is mad.  Hopefully the trains through from Edinburgh and Glasgow will be fine for those of us who live a bit closer though.

We played ICT a few years back in similar cicumstances in the cup.

We had about 1,000 travel up. Was a great day, snowball fights galore. Shame we lost 2-0.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We played ICT a few years back in similar cicumstances in the cup.

We had about 1,000 travel up. Was a great day, snowball fights galore. Shame we lost 2-0.

We never turned up that day.

We were on the train which was stopped at Perth because of a blockage on the line near Aviemore, so then got a bus to Inverness and made it just in time for the start of the game.

Especially 98/99. We were flying, could have gone into the break top of the league had we beat Rangers at Ibrox before the split (lost 1-0) and then finished 4th.

Ayr beat us 3-0 first game back and I don’t think we won a league game until April.

Really would love a good cup run, as others have mentioned our record in the cup since we won it in 97 has been shocking. However for some reason I have a bad feeling about this, everything just seems to positive and we've been conditioned to expect the worse.

On 17/01/2018 at 13:35, killienick said:

I'd just like to thank the Staggies .

This run we are on started after you pumped us 3-0 at our place and the late Jig was fired from a cannon to the moon. The appointment of Steve Clarke came as a direct result of the ineptitude of that performance and if you'd only won by 1 or 2 then we might have had Jig for a lot longer and lost out on the #LordSteveofClarkeJuggernaught .  Thank you Staggies!

In saying this, I really want to pump you because since winning the cup our record is truly, truly awful.

Apart from getting the score wrong, and inventing a new version of the juggernaut, your post is fairly accurate :whistle

That’s how it’s done Hamilton. Corporate drunk tank here I come.

According to the club twitter it was a joint effort between the ground staff, Billy Bowie tankers, Hamilton Tarmac & East Ayrshire Council.... Fantastic effort by all. 

The club confirmed the game goes ahead.

#sweptawaybygroundstaff

Archived