Modern Hall of Famers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Afro said:

Delving into the past, you could be looking at guys like Brian McPhee, Barry Wilson, Marvin Andrews, Rubio, David Fernandez, Burton O'Brien, 

Now I remembered why I used to hate Livi :P. I remember big baw heed Bingham playing for yous too.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'd add Lee Makel, David Bingham and Stuart Lovell to that list. Would love to see the club do something like this though...could help with the positive image the club are building under Ward

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Leishman surely at Livi!

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Now I remembered why I used to hate Livi :P. I remember big baw heed Bingham playing for yous too.

Staggering that I forgot the aforementioned players and manager. I'll show myself out...

6 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Farid. Without a doubt. 

How churlish to sum his contribution up as a one-season wonder; while that may well be all the time we got, but what a fecking one-season's wonderful entertainment it was. Happy days.  

3482435445.jpg

Agreed. I've listed Farid in my all-time favourite team despite the fact that we only had him for a season. Some of his goals were top drawer and he really seemed to bond with the fans.

On 1/15/2018 at 21:54, Senor Bairn said:

Arfield maybe aye, played over 100 top flight games for us after coming up from the academy and has moved onto be a great player down south and should be capped for Scotland. I wouldnt say McGovern deserves it though, great goalie but wouldnt put him in a Falkirk FC Hall of Fame.

Canny be.

On 16/01/2018 at 11:12, ShaggysBeard said:

Has Scott Thomson ever been recognised by the club in such a way?

He got his testimonial against Manchester United - was that the last time we had a testimonial for a player?

16 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Andy Tod's was on 2nd May 2007, with 'Nipper's' taking place a few months later against Man Utd on 8th August.

Don't forget about Stewart Petrie, who got a testimonial in 2003. I think I was a ballboy for that one.

I remember that game well, Davie Irons skinning Chris McGroarty seems to be the thing I remember most and Greg Shields playing for the ex-Pars side before becoming a Dunfermline player again less than 12 months later.

There is one testimonial/charity game I can't place. I remember getting on a supporters bus to go to a league match at Fir Park and there was a testimonial/charity match at East End Park. If I remember correctly we got beat 1-0 at Motherwell in the league that night, Jason Dair was a Motherwell player at the time and he was brought down for a penalty.

Anyone any ideas what that might have been?

Archived