WWE Hall of Fame 2018

JamieStevenson

You know WrestleMania weekend is fast approaching when WWE start to announce inductees for the newest Hall of Fame class. If you're wondering WHO'S NEXT? to headline their own class, then you better believe it's Goldberg! This year the ceremony will take place on Friday April 6th 2018. It will be held at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Confirmed Inductees:

Jarrius ''JJ'' Robertson (Warrior Award). Inducted by Dana Warrior.

Kid Rock (Celebrity)

Hillbilly Jim. Inducted by Jimmy Hart.

Ivory. Inducted by Molly Holly.

Jeff Jarrett. Inducted by Road Dogg.

Mark Henry. Inducted by Big Show.

The Dudley Boyz. Inducted by Edge and Christian.

Goldberg. Inducted by Paul Heyman.

Since last year's ceremony, we've only lost one Hall of Famer. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan (01/11/1944 - 17/09/2017) was a legendary manager and color commentator, also a wrestler in his very early days. He had success in AWA, WWF & WCW as a manager, and is considered to be the greatest of all time by most. There are far too many wrestlers to name on here as examples but most of you will know this stuff better than I do.... The Heenan Family was quite large. Heenan is universally loved by the P&B masses for his commentary work. His passion shone through when calling the action. Favouring the heels, his charm and wit and the chemistry he had with his co-workers. He was inducted by Blackjack Lanza in the 2004 Hall of Fame Class. Despite his ailing health in his latter years, he still kept in touch with his colleagues and attended fan conventions.

2018 Class

Bill Goldberg was a former American football player in the early 90's. When injury ruled him out, he started to train in powerlifting and MMA. He was spotted by Sting and Lex Luger, who persuaded him to take up professional wrestling. On September 22nd 1997, Goldberg made his TV debut against Hugh Morris on Nitro. He subsequently went on to become the most dominant man in wrestling, amassing a staggering 173 match winning streak before losing to Kevin Nash at Starrcade 98. He was the face of the Monday Night Wars for WCW and managed to pick up some titles along the way.  In 2003, he joined WWE on the RAW brand. He feuded with the likes of The Rock, Chris Jericho, Triple H and his final foe Brock Lesnar, whom he met in an underwhelming affair at WrestleMania XX. Goldberg won that match and subsequently retired after a relatively short career. Fast forward 12 years into 2016 and Goldberg was announced as a pre-order bonus for the WWE 2K17 video game. This sparked rumours of a potential comeback and he traded insults with cover star and former rival Brock Lesnar. Paul Heyman stated that Goldberg was the one blemish on Brock Lesnar's career and subsequently challenged him to a match at Survivor Series, which Goldberg accepted. Goldberg defeated Brock Lesnar in 1 minute and 26 seconds! Goldberg then squashed Kevin Owens to become WWE Universal Champion at Fastlane in even quicker time. This led to another Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar match at WrestleMania 33 where Brock Lesnar became the new WWE Universal Champion. Overall, Goldberg was a man of few words and relied on his explosiveness to blast through every opponent in sight.

• One time WCW World Heavyweight Champion
  • Two time WCW United States Heavyweight Champion
  • One time WCW World Tag Team Champion
  • One time World Heavyweight Champion
  • One time WWE Universal Champion

The Dudley Boyz formed in ECW in 1996 and wrestled there for 3 years. In 1999 They moved to the WWF and became a huge part of the Attitude Era and the booming tag team division. Rest Assured many tables were broken during many legendary matches with the likes of The Hardy Boyz and Edge and Christian. The Dudley Boyz became one of the most dominant teams in pro wrestling, their accolades are listed below. From 1996 to 2005 they quickly forged a Hall of Fame career and thoroughly deserve their place in wrestling history. They went on to win championships all over the world, but it was time to return home after 10+ years away. Bubba Ray Dudley was a pleasant surprise in the 2015 Royal Rumble, performing Dudley Boyz spots with R-Truth and going on to eliminate The Miz and R-Truth. Later in the year, D-Von joined his brother for another run in WWE, confronting red hot heels The New Day and chasing after the Tag Team Championship. Unfortunately they did not add to their accomplishments during this run but the nostalgia was great while it lasted.

• One time WWE Tag Team Champions
  • Eight time WWF/World Tag Team champions
  • One time WCW Tag Team Champions

As always please share your favourite memories from the new class as they are announced and let us know who else you think deserves to be inducted.

20180309_HOF_KidRock--55b4b053974348afce51fd583d45331c.thumb.jpg.e29d2fba54ba6021ebe81d3870f0c2cc.jpg20180301_HOF_HillbillyJim--6b20e16481496751d790eedb614d22a3.thumb.jpg.0659384fa01f5a524d96aabbb77e5cb1.jpg20180207_HOF_Ivory--3398e608c7c162eed44ff64442b5015b.thumb.jpg.7c2f207061e5b14f1b772a64796a83dd.jpg20180213_hof_jeffjarrett--b8a319af6b926e7c25d323817138f373.thumb.jpg.3c25acef02c51621383e71df827fed6d.jpg20180316_HOF_MarkHenry--9b4a9d11bc4e3b5c83d016b6de10ce9b.thumb.jpg.ccbff594a81955e19122fd65cf18dd57.jpg20180118_HOF_DudleyBoyz--b1d392dbe9db54552be10d0f0dcfbded.thumb.jpg.79779e4f19f540c8dc212c6a073bceca.jpg20180111_hof_goldberg--62f935bd60ad3ff63eff8b72b9d79bfc.thumb.jpg.a1d40096708b593ab406c6be733eae15.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bernardblack

Ivory is long overdue!

Favourite memory of the HOF is still Scott Hall's speech:

"Bad times don't last....but bad guys do"

That line-up sounds pretty poor.  Goldberg should give an interesting speech, as should the Dudleyz, but outside of that...meh.  Usually it's one woman, one deid, one tag team, one warrior, one celebrity and a left-field one, right?  

55 minutes ago, forameus said:

That line-up sounds pretty poor.  Goldberg should give an interesting speech, as should the Dudleyz, but outside of that...meh.  Usually it's one woman, one deid, one tag team, one warrior, one celebrity and a left-field one, right?  

Usually a 70s/80s-type if the headliner is more recent.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't give less of a f**k about Ivory. 

3 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Rumours of Jeff Jarrett being inducted. Would be interesting.

Is he still a big mental drunken mess? Why would he be inducted though? McMahon hates him and he did f**k all in the WWF. He won the title in WCW but then so did Vince Russo.

Is he still a big mental drunken mess? Why would he be inducted though? McMahon hates him and he did f**k all in the WWF. He won the title in WCW but then so did Vince Russo.
See I thought he was a drunken mess but apparently he's been in a WWE funded rehab or something.

18 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:
30 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

See I thought he was a drunken mess but apparently he's been in a WWE funded rehab or something.

That's good for him, although I think they offer that to any former employee.

Even if he's cleaned himself up though, I don't see what he's done to merit an inclusion. Then again that could apply to a lot of folk in there.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's good for him, although I think they offer that to any former employee.

Even if he's cleaned himself up though, I don't see what he's done to merit an inclusion. Then again that could apply to a lot of folk in there.

I think the bar is Koko B Ware. If you've done more than him then you're in.

Jarrett would be an interesting choice.

Jarrett is a weird one. This is a guy who held a proverbial gun to Vince's head to job for the IC title or he'd take it to WCW. I know Warrior and Alundra Blayze did similar things but at least they both left a decent legacy to fall back on. 

Vince went out his way to bury Jarrett the night after he bought WCW, indicating that he'd never do business with him again and he's been true to his word. That's why this one is kind of out of the blue. 

Unless it's a pity induction for being aforementioned drunken mess. 

41 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Jarrett is a weird one. This is a guy who held a proverbial gun to Vince's head to job for the IC title or he'd take it to WCW. I know Warrior and Alundra Blayze did similar things but at least they both left a decent legacy to fall back on. 

Vince went out his way to bury Jarrett the night after he bought WCW, indicating that he'd never do business with him again and he's been true to his word. That's why this one is kind of out of the blue. 

Unless it's a pity induction for being aforementioned drunken mess. 

Maybe Kurt will induct him? They get on so well they shared a wife.

Archived