Viewfield Rovers AFC

Boab17

• 2 weeks later...

Great to get another win under our belts at the weekend. Tough conditions with high winds made it a scrappy affair in the first half with us going with the wind. Took a 1-0 lead in at half time. Second half against the wind we got the ball down and took control of the game running out eventual 4-0 winners. Last 6 games 4 wins 1 draw 1 defeat. We are under no illusions we are still a million miles away from where we want/need to be but we will continue to work hard at training and on/off the park. As any other team we are always looking to improve and add to a hard working squad so if anyone interested get in touch.

We are attempting to finish as high as we can in order for us to improve next year by recruiting new blood and getting a right good pre-season under our belts. We have a great set up worthy of any amateur team and most Junior team too.

18 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Good luck to you guys. A giant of the amateur game back in the day, it's great to see a positive outlook for you guys going forward.

All the best.

Most of the lads came from Nitshill  area back then. Where are most of your lads based now Boab.  Fantastic club with great history and hard working committee, all the best lads and keep working away.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 09:30, never too old said:

Most of the lads came from Nitshill  area back then. Where are most of your lads based now Boab.  Fantastic club with great history and hard working committee, all the best lads and keep working away.

Most of the guys are from Johnstone area although I've brought a few of my old players from youth etc in Ayrshire and we have brought a couple from Lanarkshire. The manager Ross has been playing and I've been taking the side-line his mature experience on the park and hopefully my management experience off it has become a good balance. Just signed my old keeper from Irvine Vics on Friday (couple more to come) made his debut yesterday in a 5-2 win over 2nd top Eddlewood yesterday. Hopefully me relationships in Youth and Junior football means we can add to the squad and be challenging next season.

Ali and Andy on the committee are doing a sterling job with upgrade works at the park etc but they could always do with some help if anyone is interested we would be delighted to speak to you.

Viewfield v Eddlewood. Kilwinning Sports Club. 3pm

A great win finishing 5-2 for us yesterday. To say Eddlewood were shell shocked would be an understatement. Their continuous moaning at the referee did them no good at all unfortunately with 1 sent of for dissent and another sent off from side of the park. I suppose after hammering us on their own turf 6-1 at the beginning of the season kind of rattled them that they weren't getting their own way. There were loads of talk about leg breaking tackles????? been in football a few years lol not one was worthy of being classed as a dirty challenge but hey ho in my opinion if you dish I out we have every right to protect ourselves.

A good team though and they were sitting 2nd top I believe. This is a very tight league with only 9pts separating us from the top. Although we will never challenge for the title this year we hopefully can continue our current league form for the remainder of the season and dish out a few more upsets.

16 hours ago, Boab17 said:

Most of the guys are from Johnstone area although I've brought a few of my old players from youth etc in Ayrshire and we have brought a couple from Lanarkshire. The manager Ross has been playing and I've been taking the side-line his mature experience on the park and hopefully my management experience off it has become a good balance. Just signed my old keeper from Irvine Vics on Friday (couple more to come) made his debut yesterday in a 5-2 win over 2nd top Eddlewood yesterday. Hopefully me relationships in Youth and Junior football means we can add to the squad and be challenging next season.

Ali and Andy on the committee are doing a sterling job with upgrade works at the park etc but they could always do with some help if anyone is interested we would be delighted to speak to you.

Thanks mate and all the best going forward, great result

A great win finishing 5-2 for us yesterday. To say Eddlewood were shell shocked would be an understatement. Their continuous moaning at the referee did them no good at all unfortunately with 1 sent of for dissent and another sent off from side of the park. I suppose after hammering us on their own turf 6-1 at the beginning of the season kind of rattled them that they weren't getting their own way. There were loads of talk about leg breaking tackles????? been in football a few years lol not one was worthy of being classed as a dirty challenge but hey ho in my opinion if you dish I out we have every right to protect ourselves.
A good team though and they were sitting 2nd top I believe. This is a very tight league with only 9pts separating us from the top. Although we will never challenge for the title this year we hopefully can continue our current league form for the remainder of the season and dish out a few more upsets.
I saw about 30-40 minutes of this and managed to see three of your goals. I was quite impressed with some of the football on display for both teams.

The other team were doing a bit of moaning about offsides for a couple of the goals but the referee got it spot on every time. I didn't see any bad tackles to be honest, although the referee isn't someone you want to moan at to much as he doesn't take any nonsense.

3 hours ago, energyzone said:

I saw about 30-40 minutes of this and managed to see three of your goals. I was quite impressed with some of the football on display for both teams.

The other team were doing a bit of moaning about offsides for a couple of the goals but the referee got it spot on every time. I didn't see any bad tackles to be honest, although the referee isn't someone you want to moan at to much as he doesn't take any nonsense.

Fortunately I had come up against the ref on numerous occasions whilst in Ayrshire football. The Cali league got him just for that game. I spent 15 minutes in changing room drumming it into my players not to talk back or show any dissent as he will card you without hesitation. Apart from the card happiness I dont think he got much wrong. Eddlewood turned us over at beginning of the season and last year the team didn't collect a single point and only 9pts the year before that so perhaps they thought it would be a stroll. Our first 5 league games this season we collected 1pt last 7 we have collected 16pts. Perhaps they should have paid more attention to those results. But I think the standard of football in the Cali league is great which is proven with teams from these leagues still in the majors.

On 11 February 2018 at 16:05, Boab17 said:

A deserved victory for viewfield on sat, 3 schoolboy errors had us down 3-0 early doors n got back into it at 3-1 n even game until the ref who acted like an angry headteacher at every turn wanted and to be the centre of attention decided to dish cards out for people even asking any questions, yes one or two were warranted but he must have gave out 6 or 7 for dissent for both sides but none for a tackle, was never a dirty game but we ended up with 3 boys substituted injured and 2 were stonewall red cards all day long, the one on our left back was late n high and the one with 10mins left on myself was the biggest red card u will ever see, ur boy has caught me that late my shot had already went past the post n his stud marks high up my shin is pretty high considering the ball was on the deck, so yes it was a potential leg breaker n lucky it's just heavy swelling n bruising as the shin guard took the brunt of the lunge, all the best to viewfield for the rest of ur season n hope u's finish well but as for that referee n iv had him a few times over the years, that was one of the worst performances Iv ever seen by an official in 16 year playing fitba and thankfully he's an Ayrshire ref n we're very unlikely to have him again, he should never have had the game in the first place but that's not the reason eddlewood lost, pure n simply we never turned up and you get they days in fitba but we also have been left with 3 boys injured n another few getting suspensions all because the incompetency of a very poor referee

A cant remember his name but he's the we baldy ref that has been doing Ayrshire leagues for years, think he was meant to be reffing mossblown game on sat but that was off so the caley league drafted him in cos the game was at Kilwinning. He's always been hard work but he took it to a new level on sat

2 hours ago, Dickson10 said:

A deserved victory for viewfield on sat, 3 schoolboy errors had us down 3-0 early doors n got back into it at 3-1 n even game until the ref who acted like an angry headteacher at every turn wanted and to be the centre of attention decided to dish cards out for people even asking any questions, yes one or two were warranted but he must have gave out 6 or 7 for dissent for both sides but none for a tackle, was never a dirty game but we ended up with 3 boys substituted injured and 2 were stonewall red cards all day long, the one on our left back was late n high and the one with 10mins left on myself was the biggest red card u will ever see, ur boy has caught me that late my shot had already went past the post n his stud marks high up my shin is pretty high considering the ball was on the deck, so yes it was a potential leg breaker n lucky it's just heavy swelling n bruising as the shin guard took the brunt of the lunge, all the best to viewfield for the rest of ur season n hope u's finish well but as for that referee n iv had him a few times over the years, that was one of the worst performances Iv ever seen by an official in 16 year playing fitba and thankfully he's an Ayrshire ref n we're very unlikely to have him again, he should never have had the game in the first place but that's not the reason eddlewood lost, pure n simply we never turned up and you get they days in fitba but we also have been left with 3 boys injured n another few getting suspensions all because the incompetency of a very poor referee

The ref wasnt the best i agree but lets not paint a one sided picture. You talk about your injuries what about the 2 off the ball incidents by off the ball i mean ball was well away when your no 7 put my player up in the air twice? To be quickly followed by 2 two footed lunges where he never got sent off. Your captain was laying the boot in all game threatening folk be threatened to break my players legs right in front of the ref and all the ref did was tell him to calm down. Your first goal was offside a mile. However it was not us that abused the ref and got boys sent off bud. You say you had an off day and 3 errors cost youse i say you took us too lightly and suffered. I still say youse are a good team though.

The ref was Jim Brown i can hear the groans in ayrshire lol.

Wasn't the best!! He was hopeless! Nearly as bad as our teams performance. There's no one sided picture a did say it wasn't a dirty game n the two incidents I was referring to were red cards all day long, don't think there was any malice intended but both late n high resulting in what could have been serious injuries, with regards to no7 two late lunges late on in the game that was probably a sign of frustration with both the game and the referees performance, could have been a red on another day but two wrongs don't make a right either, no one took viewfield lightly either, our club has been going through a we sticky patch last few months with things outwith our control like suddenly losing our manager and only played 3games in 12 or 13weeks so I personally think that's more to do with it other than taking u's lightly as you have suggested, anyway good luck for the rest of the season

Archived