Matchday 21 (and next weekend)

MichaelJayPark

Hi all - sorry for disappearing a bit over Christmas and New Year. Managed to pick up that hilarious flu that's been going about and couldn't quite bring myself to get organised. ANYWAY, the Roundup is now up on the site (link below) and there are *cough* two games in the League on Saturday. How do you think they're going to go?

Whitehill Welfare vs Hawick Royal Albert (Ferguson Park, 2pm)
Edinburgh University vs BSC Glasgow (Peffermill, 3pm)

Matchday 21 Roundup: http://slfl.co.uk/slfl-roundup-lowland-league-md21/

Thanks for the write-up, I always enjoy reading them. I hadn't realised this set a new record for us. Just to clarify, I wasn't at the game but the Shire club website has the scorer as Kris Faulds (w/ assist from Sludden) rather than the other way around.

I don't think I'm sticking my neck out too much to suggest a Whitehill win in the early game. I also think WW will finish in the top half this season. They seem to be coming into some good form, two decent signings announced last week, and have a few games in hand. 

Elsewhere a draw in the game at Raydale and a narrow win for BSC away to Edinburgh Uni.

4 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

Thanks for the write-up, I always enjoy reading them. I hadn't realised this set a new record for us. Just to clarify, I wasn't at the game but the Shire club website has the scorer as Kris Faulds (w/ assist from Sludden) rather than the other way around.

I don't think I'm sticking my neck out too much to suggest a Whitehill win in the early game. I also think WW will finish in the top half this season. They seem to be coming into some good form, two decent signings announced last week, and have a few games in hand. 

Elsewhere a draw in the game at Raydale and a narrow win for BSC away to Edinburgh Uni.

All eyes on the Rosewell weather, it's not looking too good from tomorrow onwards. Would love a top  half ww finish considering where we were at start of season building a team from scratch. 2 cracking signings last week. 

Gretna to edge oot Gala by the odd goal and al go for the inconsistent but sometimes brilliant Edinburgh Uni to take something from BSC. 

I have to admit I hummed and hawed about whether Edinburgh Uni would take something off BSC. It's probably my pessimistic Shire mind that tipped me into my prediction, but I wouldn't be hugely surprised if they managed it. They've beaten us and EK already this season.

Unfortunately as Newky has said it’s all eyes on the weather this week. Having had 2 successive Saturday home postponements, Ferguson Park was of course perfectly playable while we were away to the Strollers. Forecast is for freezing weather all week with -3 overnight Friday :( 

Gary continues to build his squad from scratch and with Josh Morris added Whitehill have a major goal threat up front again. Connor McGregor also returned on Saturday to add some steel to the midfield. Would expect Whitehill to make it 6 League wins out of 7 if it did go ahead. 

10 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

Just confirming what you said Alan that super sub Kris Faulds did indeed score the first.

I know this cos I only had 2 pints in the excellent pavilion before the game

Hopefully Edinburgh Uni's defense keep BSC out, they certainly  caused us a lot of difficulty 

I'll go for the 2 home teams in the other games   

3 minutes ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

lots of snow / sleet south of Edinburgh .  Part of South Edinburgh impassable to buses as well That will mean WW is unplayable already :whistle

Nothing out in Rosewell was a balmy 10 degrees and sunny today. 

Archived