Carillion enters liquidation.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I was a site based engineer or project manager in my years working with them. Still keep in touch with many of them. Good team to work with.

PS - The article says it was one incident of a worker being underpaid and hence "oversight rather than a policy". I'm fairly certain they'll have squared the employee up now!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sjc said:

I was a site based engineer or project manager in my years working with them. Still keep in touch with many of them. Good team to work with.

PS - The article says it was one incident of a worker being underpaid and hence "oversight rather than a policy". I'm fairly certain they'll have squared the employee up now!

Aye, bit weird to put them in the headline.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, bit weird to put them in the headline.

I thought that too. Possibly because they're one of the biggest and longest established reinforced concrete frame sub contractors left.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You didn't just buy them last week in the hope of making a killing when they got bailed out, Northern Rock style?

I did exactly that :unsure: I was in for slightly less but it was worth a punt (or so I keep telling myself as I sit crying on the toilet)

Edit: Creased at the thought of this Green tube being an advisor to Theresa May on, wait for it... CORPORATE RESPONSIBILTY

2 hours ago, McQuade said:

Screenshot_20180115-161902.png

Sadly this type of corporate greed and corruption will all be forgotten in a couple of months and won’t become an issue again until another company does the same.

8 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

where do shareholders come in the pecking order?

Bottom, I think.

Believe it goes like this...

Secured creditors ( mortgages, loans secured against fixed or floating assets )

Preferential creditors 

Unsecured creditors ( includes HMRC, unpaid vat, taxes , subcontracted firms/individuals )

Shareholders.

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/business/self-employed-builder-makes-bid-for-carillion-contracts-20180115142444

We have a few tradesmen on P&B, I think we should form a company and start coining it.

If you need an unscrupulous b*****d to ‘organise’, ‘manage’ and take a disproportionally high share of the income pm me.

Archived