Championship Sunday

lichtie23

586019d8a43f7499199c6358c2295813.jpg
Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots, Sunday 21st, 20.05
This will be the number 1 seed Patriots 7th successive AFC Championship game as they host the 3 seed Jacksonville Jaguars at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro. The Patriots crushed the Titans in the Divisional round while the Jags won a 45-42 shootout in Pittsburgh. These 2 organisations haven’t met since 2015 when the Patriots eased to a 51-17 win.

5eaed7d2ce8e5f2c02a78e696d0c3e36.jpg
Minnesota Vikings @ Philadelphia Eagles, Sunday 21st, 23.40
The Nick Foles led number 1 seed Eagles sneaked past the Falcons 15-10 which included a goal line stand at the death to book their place in the NFC Championship. A miracle Stefan Diggs Touchdown as time expired helped the Vikings to a thrilling win over the Saints in the Divisional round. Minnesota are looking to make the super bowl which will be played in their home US Bank Stadium in 2 weeks time. Can Case Keenum continue his fairytale season?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching the John Randle "A Football Life", I'm going to be cheering on the Vikings from this point forward.

The lack of Broncos at this stage, allied to my dislike of the Patriots, the Eagles, and any team that pronounces their own name incorrectly, has made this easier.

11 hours ago, Myko said:

Eagles/Patriots for me.

Keenum in such a hostile environment next Sunday - massive test. Eagles D playing well too, I think home field advantage might just prevail.

That would be fucking horrible.  I'd need to drink treble what I plan to get through the choice between the Eagles actually winning a Superbowl or Patriots winning again.

Just seen a tweet from SB Nation that both the teams QBs in the NFC Championship game have been coached by Jeff Fisher.  Their roster numbers are 7 and 9...  :lol:

This season has been quite strange, I haven't really felt attached to a team, or teams, as such like in previous seasons.

The Hollywood story is the Vikings winning it but I honestly think the Eagles are in pole position and have taken on a lot of unfair criticism recently. They're still a very good team and results are still backing this up. Foles might not be a superstar QB but how many mediocre QB's have we seen go on a Super Bowl run in recent years. Mark Sanchez was only a game away from playing in 2 Super Bowls ! Rex Grossman ffs !

Anyway I reckon this game will be won in the trenches digging away a few yards at a time will be pivotal.

Archived