East Fife v Brora Rangers

smuggfifer

We need to be at out best and playing the football we have in the past few weeks. Brora have proved that they are more than capable of beating league 1 opposition away from home. Complacency will be our biggest worry, but stick to the plan and we'll be ok. No banana skins at Bayview, proud record to keep going.

41 minutes ago, east fife for life said:

Disappointing that there won't be any reduction in price for this game, still hopeful we can get a decent crowd in tho. Any win will do! Will Brora bring many supporters down with them?

At least 1 ( he is stying at mine fri/sat)

Yep. We cannot underestimate Brora or how up for this game they will be. They've shown they can beat a L1 side away from home already. I'm assuming this is the furthest they've ever been in the Cup before so the incentive for them is enormous.

Same team and performance as last Saturday.

B’Jesus, there will be a few teams in the draw that are glad they’ve avoided the Sutherland outfit. Raith who beat them in the Irn-Bru 3-0 ( should have been 3-3 ! )would confirm this. Brora reached this round 3 years ago going out 3-1 away to QOS. From a village of just 700 they are a very useful side. Still I’m sure East Fife be expecting a walk in the park. B’Jesus Brora could well sneak this.

Disappointing that there won't be any reduction in price for this game, still hopeful we can get a decent crowd in tho. Any win will do! Will Brora bring many supporters down with them?

A price reduction for a 4th round Scottish Cup Tie,why? East Fife displaying a lack of respect or over confidence?

4 minutes ago, gyrfalcon said:

B’Jesus, there will be a few teams in the draw that are glad they’ve avoided the Sutherland outfit. Raith who beat them in the Irn-Bru 3-0 ( should have been 3-3 ! )would confirm this. Brora reached this round 3 years ago going out 3-1 away to QOS. From a village of just 700 they are a very useful side. Still I’m sure East Fife be expecting a walk in the park. B’Jesus Brora could well sneak this.

Image result for ffs gif

A price reduction for a 4th round Scottish Cup Tie,why? East Fife displaying a lack of respect or over confidence?
Certainly not over confident and Brora will rightly have our full respect in what will be a very tough game for us! In the past we have reduced prices when playing lower league teams. Just out of curiosity how much do Brora charge for a league game at home? I'm under no illusions for this game, Brora have shown in the past that they can compete at this level ????

18 hours ago, gyrfalcon said:

It's Brora's benefactor's cash, allowing them to bring in experienced ex-SPFL pros, that makes them useful - population has nothing to do with it.

Nobody at East Fife will be expecting a walk in the park.

Brora will bring a few fans down to this, what we lack in numbers will be made up for with noise, expect the screech of the pipes, not  conceded a goal in the 3 rounds as yet (hope that continues), a day out or us, if loose so be it, but a win takes us further than ever before and a chance of some real big time exposure, it is a big incentive for both teams.

5 hours ago, Wagonwheel_red said:

Brora will bring a few fans down to this, what we lack in numbers will be made up for with noise, expect the screech of the pipes, not  conceded a goal in the 3 rounds as yet (hope that continues), a day out or us, if loose so be it, but a win takes us further than ever before and a chance of some real big time exposure, it is a big incentive for both teams.

What? Does playing East Fife at Bayview not count as real big time exposure??

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

What? Does playing East Fife at Bayview not count as real big time exposure??

Don't take it to heart, but no, SPL club of some note would be a bumper pay day if we were fortunate enough to be in next round, we played QOS in Dumfries in the 4th round when they were in Championship a few seasons back, a great day out, but again a a bad away tie regarding distance, so far the last 3 ties this run have been Edinburgh, Stranraer and now Fife, we are due Celtic at home next round ;)

My interview with Ross Tokely ahead of today's cup tie can be found, here.

This is a really intriguing tie; 2 sides who arguably should be doing better in their own respective leagues. The winner has a a great oppprtunity to draw a big team in the next round so the incentive is there for both teams. 

All the Best to both sides! :thumsup2

Archived