Monster munch

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Some random on reddit has kept a packet of unopened Salt & Vinegar Monster Munch from 1987! emoji1.png

44db26ef92bf43a2b03e8e6c03a69b6c?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=097e7fca69b7e385ec74d9750d0a89a6

Oh, and Pickled Onion is the correct answer tonight, but it’d probably be beef tomorrow.

How the f**k did I not know about salt  & vinegar monster munch?! My memories of a seemingly well fulfilled childhood are now shattered :( 

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A silly rule that has (at a guess) its roots in how far ahead steak McCoys are compared to the rest of the range.

However, as has been clarified many times already on this thread, pickled onion monster munch hold the same grip of their range of flavours.

I believe you can get beef Space Raiders and the same very clearly applies there, with pickled onion being a long way ahead.

Doesnt always apply though, I am not some sort of pickled onion obsessive. The pickled onion walkers for example, are shite.

I thought all of this was blindingly obvious.

As a corollary to this rule, generally speaking with salt and vinegar and pickled onion crisps, the cheaper they are, the sourer (and therefore better) they are.  (Statistical outliers being salt and vinegar Squares and Hula Hoops).

This is diametrically opposed to prawn cocktail, beef, and cheese and onion, in which case spend your money like there's no tomorrow on your tasty crisp based adventures.

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
28 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:
As a corollary to this rule, generally speaking with salt and vinegar and pickled onion crisps, the cheaper they are, the sourer (and therefore better) they are.  (Statistical outliers being salt and vinegar Squares and Hula Hoops).
This is diametrically opposed to prawn cocktail, beef, and cheese and onion, in which case spend your money like there's no tomorrow on your tasty crisp based adventures.

Ready Salted.... Premium is best (the kettle chip)

Now, your ready salted is all over the place.  You have your Hula Hoop, your Kettle, your Walker.... all very strong products from all ranges of the crisp demographic spectrum.  Throw in your Marks and Sparks own brand, perhaps even your Pom Bear,  and Professor John Curtice would be hard pressed to come up with a  projection.

Tell you what is up there with the Kettle... Co op own version. Its outstanding.

And il tell you what is absolute fucking dross peddled as quality crisps.... Mackies

Yup. Ready salted crisps really are a minefield. A potential death trap, if you will.

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A silly rule that has (at a guess) its roots in how far ahead steak McCoys are compared to the rest of the range.

However, as has been clarified many times already on this thread, pickled onion monster munch hold the same grip of their range of flavours.

I believe you can get beef Space Raiders and the same very clearly applies there, with pickled onion being a long way ahead.

Doesnt always apply though, I am not some sort of pickled onion obsessive. The pickled onion walkers for example, are shite.

I thought all of this was blindingly obvious.

Beef. Always.

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

McCoys are shite.  f**k knows what kind of tatties they use but the crunch is all wrong. 

Their steak crisps also taste like someone has poured a gallon of unleaded into the bag.

Awful product. 

dope-slap.gif

Archived