Fraserburgh FC vs The Rangers - The Twee Cup Tie

The_Kincardine

Surprised that there's not a thread on this already.

Hopefully a comfortable away win and a big pay day for Fraserburgh given the likely away support and the TV fee.  However, I'm always nervous about SC games versus minnows as I remember Berwick.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Were you at the game, JG?  I ken you're considerably older than me ;)

5 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

ffs, what age are you, TK?

A svelte and sprightly 58 and was staying with my uncle in Dunbar on that fateful day.

What age are you?

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Were you at the game, JG?  I ken you're considerably older than me ;)

A svelte and sprightly 58 and was staying with my uncle in Dunbar on that fateful day.

What age are you?

I was 6 at the time, and no, I wasn't at the game, I was living in Brechin back then, and as I had no interest in football at that age I'm afraid that result passed me by.

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:33, The_Kincardine said:

Surprised that there's not a thread on this already.

Hopefully a comfortable away win and a big pay day for Fraserburgh given the likely away support and the TV fee.  However, I'm always nervous about SC games versus minnows as I remember Berwick.

Glad you have brought Berwick up, as that is where my dad is from. He was present the day Berwick defeated you in 1967.

In later life, he married an Aberdeen girl (my mum) and they set up home in Fraserburgh, and are still there.

He'll be in attendance at the Bellslea on Sunday.

I do hope lightning can strike twice!!

7 minutes ago, gkneil said:

Glad you have brought Berwick up, as that is where my dad is from. He was present the day Berwick defeated you in 1967.

In later life, he married an Aberdeen girl (my mum) and they set up home in Fraserburgh, and are still there.

That'd be quite a story if it did.

Big day for the Broch, players and town. Hopefully it's a competitive game and boosts the club with some funds.

In recent years I've found myself doubting the hope that the minnows beat one of the Old Firm because I can't handle the cringeworthy gloating of the other side of the Old Firm when it happens. It'll still be worth it though.

12 hours ago, gkneil said:

Excellent story and I do hope yer auld man isn't a jinx!

I'll get really worried if the Fraserburgh goalie is ex British army and has the potential to be a treble-winning manager for Rangers.

Edit:  Some may not ken that Jock Wallace was in goal for Berwick 'that day'.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Excellent story and I do hope yer auld man isn't a jinx!

I'll get really worried if the Fraserburgh goalie is ex British army and has the potential to be a treble-winning manager for Rangers.

Edit:  Some may not ken that Jock Wallace was in goal for Berwick 'that day'.

Was he not also in goal for a non league team that beat Newcastle in the FA Cup.

The Newcastle goalie being a certain chap called Ronnie Simpson.

40 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Was he not also in goal for a non league team that beat Newcastle in the FA Cup.

The Newcastle goalie being a certain chap called Ronnie Simpson.

Here's yer twee ( © @jagfox99 )story:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/7004599.How_Jock_broke_hearts_of_Magpies_and_Quakers/

Archived