A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

16 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

No idea when it stopped but here's a pic from some point in the early 70s where Rangers visited RP and both teams wore their home kits. I've seen pics from the mid-60s of us playing St. Johnstone where both teams are in their home kits too. I say bring this sort of nonsense back.

f52.jpg.6f4541a927ae3e4bc8eea79ee9e2a2a7

Indeed. Often hark back to Dons v Arabs when they played in red and orange.

AC1E9238-BBE9-44D0-A79D-B13F6AD9F12D.jpeg

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I reckon with these particular shirt/shorts/socks combinations that works well. Aberdeen all in red while the black shorts work. Suppose it'd really depend these days on how much black there is on the United kit - they could always wear black shorts with tangerine trim as well in the present day. I think the current United strips are very similar to the first of the days when they swapped from white/black/white to the famous colours.

Wouldn't work if you went for Aberdeen's historic black and gold stripes though!

On 11/02/2018 at 23:22, Flybhoy said:

Dixie Deans, Billy McNeil and Kenny Dalglish celebrate a goal at Easter Road (cant make out the other Celtic player in the picture, possibly Harry Hood), Deans had an unbelievable scoring record v Hibernian, two cup final hat tricks against them as well.

Check out the huge long gone East Terrace in the background. 

IMG_20180211_222936.jpg

Was at that game. Celtic won 3-0 (Deans 2, Dalglish) to win the title to make it 8 in a row. Two very good sides that day.

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/m/page/1973-04-28%3A+Hibernian+0-3+Celtic%2C+League+Division+1

36 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

ETA if Aberdeen had been relegated that season would McLeod have been sacked? We probably wouldn't have got McNeil which would have meant no Ferguson ...it disna bear thinkin aboot min

There might also have been the small matter of things panning out differently for the national side in a managerial sense.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There might also have been the small matter of things panning out differently for the national side in a managerial sense.

God, aye, Argentina '78 and all that hilariousness (though not at the time obviously). Wonder who would have got the gig if McLeod's shine had been tarnished with a relegation...

14e5ajc.jpg

Edited by EdTheDuck

3 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Rangers 2 Bayern Munich 0, April 1972. The Bayern team included Maier, Müller, Breitner, Schwarzenbeck, Beckenbauer and Hoeness, all of whom won the World Cup with West Germany two years later.

gl1433053.thumb.jpg.b3238cbc43499bf1a27e344715695e18.jpg16f7bff572dd7ae6bba10e7e39f248ee.jpg.661f857dc0f089c4dd6622fba0897a84.jpg

That colour photo of Ibrox is magnificent btw.

44 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Who's the Utd number 9?

Could it be John Clark on the advertising hoarding AND the line?

Question of Sport could be in touch. Do I win £5?

1 minute ago, Juantwothree said:

20180103_155309.jpg

Tremendous! 

If anybody has a photo of a packed derry before the benches were put in I'd very much like to see it...

Also, I'd prefer the young/vocal lads to move back to the back/middle of the stand. 

13 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

We done the same at Parkhead once.

Sandy Clark at number 8 with Brian Whittaker at number 9. Puzzled looks all round.

Ooft! An early version of Mane and Salah really.

1 minute ago, 7-2 said:

Ooft! An early version of Mane and Salah really.

Just found it from the 84/85 season. Biggest shock of the night (apart from our #9 being Whittaker) was Celtic winning with an injury time goal.

Credit: London Hearts.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/images/1985/1985032001.htm

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Might be him or Beedie.

I think Beedie had more of a f**k the barber approach to his hair keeping routine than the fellow on the line. It's much neater. Also the left hand pose is definitely in the Malps style.