A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Rangers (deceased) fans showing admirable restraint to some extreme goading at the 1980 Scottish Cup final, goading that amounted to getting beat 1-0.
IMG_20180211_000227.jpg.ec523b7bbd7479ff4aef7e02bbfb1e3f.jpg
Probably coming over to congratulate yet another trophy lift for #TB4.

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Rangers (deceased) fans showing admirable restraint to some extreme goading at the 1980 Scottish Cup final, goading that amounted to getting beat 1-0.

IMG_20180211_000227.jpg

^^^plagiarising Picture this Scotland's twitter thread.........

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:49, EdTheDuck said:

Yuh.

If ever a club demonstrates the potential pitfalls of the small leagues, it's Dundee. After their promotion from the B Division in 46/47 they had never seriously been threatened with relegation and in the 5 years before their relegation in 75/76 they had finished 5th, 5th, 5th, 5th, 6th, they won the League Cup in 72/73 and got to the last 16 of the UEFA Cup in 71/72.

Recovering from that relegation was a big enough job anyway, but the shenanigans at Dens Park since have just compounded their fall from grace.

I always thought if they had come straight back up in 1976/77 things might have been different.

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 13:11, Monkey Tennis said:

Yeah, my dad's a Dundee fan and I knew they went down in the first season of the Premier division.  Dundee United survived narrowly and the clubs took very different paths in the following decade or so.

The first match I ever saw was Dundee drawing 2-2 at Palmerston in division 1, then the middle tier.  Soon after, we beat them 6-0 in the League Cup.  It's strange to think they were making significant European progress just ten years before.

So did The Dons.

E2C40364-8837-461D-BF24-34635B1853B4.jpeg.c54d216dd7800d21f350a1cbef027ef0.jpeg
Scotland's first shirt sponsorship.

I loved that strip so much as a kid that I bought it. I used to wear it around East Kilbride and naturally was often asked if I was a Hibs fan. People always looked perplexed when I said "Naw, Partick Thistle".

Dixie Deans, Billy McNeil and Kenny Dalglish celebrate a goal at Easter Road (cant make out the other Celtic player in the picture, possibly Harry Hood), Deans had an unbelievable scoring record v Hibernian, two cup final hat tricks against them as well.

Check out the huge long gone East Terrace in the background. 

IMG_20180211_222936.jpg

Edited by Flybhoy

36 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Image result for scott thomson penalty save raith

Not only a magic moment of photographic history, but a moment that brought us two now famous Scottish football catchphrases:

'Surely, unthinkable for the skipper to miss?'

'They will be dancing in the streets of Raith tonight...'

The second one predates that great day though.

19 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Marc Reiper and Brian Martin ready to contest a set piece at Fir Park in 1997, I think the other Motherwell player is either Owen Coyle or Willie Falconer, not 100% sure.

IMG_20180211_210337.jpg

It's Coyle.

On 2/11/2018 at 21:06, Flybhoy said:

Marc Reiper and Brian Martin ready to contest a set piece at Fir Park in 1997, I think the other Motherwell player is either Owen Coyle or Willie Falconer, not 100% sure.

IMG_20180211_210337.jpg

When did Carlos Tevez play for Motherwell?

Dixie Deans, Billy McNeil and Kenny Dalglish celebrate a goal at Easter Road (cant make out the other Celtic player in the picture, possibly Harry Hood), Deans had an unbelievable scoring record v Hibernian, two cup final hat tricks against them as well.
Check out the huge long gone East Terrace in the background. 
IMG_20180211_222936.thumb.jpg.6e3da08a933f64f67146367fe7f98982.jpg
Looks like the prototype for those horrendously contrived "fake goal celebration" pictures that clubs use to advertise the new strips.